Sponsored

The good and the bad of a roots supercharger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
It was one he made custom for my truck when I first put the small pulley on. Ran smooth as butter. I tried 121, on my truck the surging at highway speed was intolerable and it just never felt stable pulling a hill. So I rolled back to the custom tune. I have tried 1 or 2 others, but they all have the same issues.

This one, I took all the way to redline full throttle pull with good stability and no detonation. When I had to take the family on vacation I rolled back to this stable one and haven't had any reason to test anything else since.
Steve is one of the original OG testers. I appreciate all he has brought to the table.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another awesome Saturday........ nope. We'll started getting misfires on 2, 4, and 6. Pulled the drivers side valve cover off (ridiculously difficult task by the way) greeted with a very wiped cam lobe on 6 and the rockers were tore up on the rest. The cam bolts are suppose to be 89in/lbs. It required my impact set on high to back the bolts out, interesting. Had the lifters, I believe are wrong, in there. 8 hours later it is back up and running as smooth as it ever has. It is amazing how smooth it idles now, would not even know it was running except for the tach. It gives me confidence my previous work is holding in there. I can once again floor it and ride the torque wave, so that is cool!!!! Really questioning long term with this engine though, sucks with all the time and investment in this truck. I have worked on it like it is gonna be here forever.

Jeep Gladiator The good and the bad of a roots supercharger. 20220820_143612

Jeep Gladiator The good and the bad of a roots supercharger. 20220821_113254

Last edited:

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
So in other words. Be prepared to do both sides, not just one side.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I suppose. I am curious why the drivers side did not destruct as fast or as bad as the passenger side. The fact that one lobe was bad is also weird. All the rockers were mechanically sound the tops were just worn. When I took the VVL solenoids out they were pretty sludged up. Lot of debris came out of them when I cleaned them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.