Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I get better milage with my wheels and tires, with a supercharger. Without SC when I first put the wheels and tires on my mpg dropped from 16-17 to 13-14. With the SC I now get 17-19. There are two things at play to be fair. One is the extra torque it provides and two is my transmission remapping to take advantage of it. Staying in 7th and 8th, really does help, even if it takes a bit more torque. Less revolution means less injections, even if they are slightly bigger injections. Also at that rpm I think the SC helps eliminate engine pumping losses. As at cruise I run an almost perfect 100kpa.
Sponsored

flsupraguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I get better milage with my wheels and tires, with a supercharger. Without SC when I first put the wheels and tires on my mpg dropped from 16-17 to 13-14. With the SC I now get 17-19. There are two things at play to be fair. One is the extra torque it provides and two is my transmission remapping to take advantage of it. Staying in 7th and 8th, really does help, even if it takes a bit more torque. Less revolution means less injections, even if they are slightly bigger injections. Also at that rpm I think the SC helps eliminate engine pumping losses. As at cruise I run an almost perfect 100kpa.
Not that mpg really matters (at least to me) but your before is on 87 and after is on 93...

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Not that mpg really matters (at least to me) but your before is on 87 and after is on 93...
Doesn't quite matter to me either (even though I asked LOL) but getting the same mileage for a higher gas price would just be a wise investment to my brain.

I know the HP is the major selling point, but having both would be awesome and would allow me to open my wallet up to this easier.

Besides I have my KRGT-1 bike if I want to go fast so it isn't NECESSARY but I deff want this

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I understand that this thread is focused on the Magnuson, but there was mention/comparison above about the Edelbrock- does Edelbrock even support the possibility of using their product on manual transmission in the JT? Things I've seen about the Edelbrock only seem mention the AT.

A TVS or roots blower is on my daydream wishlist but not within my foreseeable budget, but it's fun to consider...

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want this on a manual mohave but concerned about the tune and reliability....
I am a manual guy all day long, but the 8 speed on thejeep just works better in most every situation including being supercharged. I have a sweet ass tune for the automatic s!

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
I am a manual guy all day long, but the 8 speed on thejeep just works better in most every situation including being supercharged. I have a sweet ass tune for the automatic s!
Since you’re the local expert on tuning here, any way to get the powertrain to operate in the aggressive mode it runs in during Offroad+ while in 2hi?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you’re the local expert on tuning here, any way to get the powertrain to operate in the aggressive mode it runs in during Offroad+ while in 2hi?
Yes all those speeds are adustable in the shift schedule.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
So KurtP, how does your mileage & range with your new super charger set up compare to your earlier experiment with the Pulsar?

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
I have to be honest, a supercharger intrigues me. Before I’ve even done my homework I’m immediately turned off by the forum sponsor acting this way. You’re supposed to be professional and this ain’t it.

@KurtP

Nice build, hope you enjoy it and it’s very reliable for you. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Totally agree with this post. A forum sponsor who feels the need to post on every happy install thread of a competitor’s product to claim how his is “better” is just tacky and unprofessional. The reality is that they are two very different products that provide a different solution to the same problem, and that better is subject to individual perspective.

Thanks to the OP for posting and please do continue to provide feedback. I’m a supercharger buyer in probably the next year, have a few higher priority upgrades to take care of first.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The instant "hit" he talks about may be fun, but it's hell on internals. And that's the specific reason why almost everybody I know goes centrifugal. The very minor lag reduces shock loading on the main bearings and results in being able to enjoy your investment for many years.

To each their own. I do like the clean look of the roots style blowers.

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Yes all those speeds are adustable in the shift schedule.
Sorry, to be clear I meant some way to switch it on and off, like a “sport” mode. Probably not possible, but it would be nice.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The instant "hit" he talks about may be fun, but it's hell on internals. And that's the specific reason why almost everybody I know goes centrifugal. The very minor lag reduces shock loading on the main bearings and results in being able to enjoy your investment for many years.

Why is the instant-on boost any harder on internals than a NA motor of a similar power level?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, to be clear I meant some way to switch it on and off, like a “sport” mode. Probably not possible, but it would be nice.
Yeah for sure. I actually have some feelers out to see if this controler has a message or input that could be used to trigger a tow mode. The auto stuff is just not as consistent as I would like it to be. I want to be able to select a shift patern and have it there at all times when needed. Wonder if the tazer guy could create this message and try it out?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Currently both roots offerings have challenges using the air correctly. It really has nothing to do with the blower. The 3.6L has been set up to run at 0 manifold pressure and stoich AFR. The control always gravitates to this. As such the torque management models, and transmission tuning is all set up for this type of run time. For the roots blower you have to rescale the manifold pressure, and with it, all the corresponding controls that rely on it. It is not like other machine where you can adjust the fueling and timing and everything else kind of works itself out.

Once tunes correctly ot is no less or more damaging than naturally aspirated or a centri

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Why is the instant-on boost any harder on internals than a NA motor of a similar power level?
on NA, the internals are (usually) over built for the power application from the factory with reliability in mind, whereas in this case we are applying power and load figures that were not factored into the design of the motor. The same thought process would apply if you were ramping up a larger NA motor.
Sponsored