Sponsored

The Jeep Wave stamp of approval

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
the wave hasnt taken off over here but the other day i was driving my cj10 & got a wave from a wrangler
but mostly I get a wave from other old school 4x4's not brand specific just people who love the old vehicles like me
But is it a "Jeep Wave?" or just a, "hello there, I'm out scouting wallabies and like your rig" sorta wave?
Sponsored

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
Steffens we don’t have wallabees in South Carolina. I do know a Wally , but I wave back with all my fingers

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
It’s a CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, JL and soon JT thing... I never been waved by a Cherokee!

The Gladiator aspect from front is so similar that we will be part of the club for sure, intentionally or even by "mistake"... :rock:
I am currently without a wrangler but I do DD a XJ. Always had a soft spot for XJ. Here is my experience. Few wranglers acknowledge you so I don’t initiate. That said I did wave at other XJs. Around here they are plentyful. However most of that stock XJ are oblivious to the wave. What I have found is I wave at built/lifted XJ rigs and they tend to wave at me. So in summary if the XJ looks like a stock rig that some college student is DD no wave, if it looks like it has been off road then the wave applies between XJ drivers.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Steffens we don’t have wallabees in South Carolina. I do know a Wally , but I wave back with all my fingers
lol i meant that for @Ian cj10

A friend of mine had a pet Wallaby in Nashville. True story.

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
Never waving to anyone in a wrangler. Same goes when I'm on a motorcycle and someone on a scooter waves.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Okay for those of me who learn by pictures. It's basically you wave first if you see a vehicle on the list to the left from the one you are in and newer vehicles would be added to the right in order of year built?

1959-793x1024.png

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so the new jeep owner waves first, then if the older jeep model owner wants to wave they can.

But if the new jeep owner doesn't wave, what does the older jeep model owner do? Thumb their nose at hem for being a jerk store?

I always give the wave to Wranglers when i'm on my scooter and none of them ever wave back. Must be lost in translation.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never waving to anyone in a wrangler. Same goes when I'm on a motorcycle and someone on a scooter waves.
will you wave to another gladiator owner?

You might be onto something here. I think i'm only going to wave if they're hauling plywood. Doesn't matter if its a Honda Odyssey, flatbed, VW Jetta or Gladiator. They hauling PLYWOOD, i'll wave.

If not then screw them, no wave..........unless its a hot cougar. That i'll make an exception for. And cougar hauling PLYWOOD........lookout son, they getting a thumbs up plus wink!

Last edited:

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase

You might be onto something here. I think i'm only going to waive if they're hauling plywood. Doesn't matter if its a Honda Odyssey, flatbed, VW Jetta or Gladiator. They hauling PLYWOOD, i'll waive.

If not then screw them, no waive..........unless its a hot cougar. That i'll make an exception for. And cougar hauling PLYWOOD........lookout son, they getting a thumbs up plus wink!
I was waiting for the plywood wave reference. lol

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Ok, being anal retentive I have to do this...

Waive = to relenquish ( something, such as a legal right) voluntarily.
Wave = to motion with the hands ( a gesture or salute)

My apologies if I offend.:lipssealed:

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant

You might be onto something here. I think i'm only going to waive if they're hauling plywood. Doesn't matter if its a Honda Odyssey, flatbed, VW Jetta or Gladiator. They hauling PLYWOOD, i'll waive.

If not then screw them, no waive..........unless its a hot cougar. That i'll make an exception for. And cougar hauling PLYWOOD........lookout son, they getting a thumbs up plus wink!
Sounds like good rules to follow for a wave. What are we doing if the person on a scooter has some plywood strapped to their back? Do they get a wave or do we stop and offer to haul both their scooter and their plywood to their destination? Maybe I will buy a plastic hand and glue it on the dash so everyone thinks I am waving.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LMAO, reminds me of the time I forgot how to spell school. Not sure where my head was at, thanks.

I think its from all this glue i've been sniffing.

I went back and changed all my waive's lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am

I'm blaming autocorrect... And that's my story and I'm sticking with it!! Good thing the internet isn't forever :blush:
Sponsored