Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Back to “build” subjects.

The factory steel rubicon bumper is designed to house a winch. MOPAR specifically uses Warn winches in their design for their bumpers. So, naturally, I purchased the MOPAR winch plate kit.

The instructions are kinda crap. I understand they have to accommodate all bumper models in their instructions, but damn if they aren’t a pain to dissect. And, it doesn’t help that the winch plate is designed to accommodate an 8k winch form factor. Of course, I have a 10k.

The fit is SUPER tight. I actually had to remove the grill to “find” that extra mm. The down side to the extra girth of the 10k is that I now have to trim the bumper so my engage/freespool lever can clear. I’ve left it engaged for now as I haven’t had time to trim the bumper.

Pictures of installed winch.
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR IMG_6406
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR IMG_6405
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR IMG_6129

I totally recognize that I could have offset the winch, as there are holes provided to do so, but that would look “off” to me. So my struggle is really my own on this. I plan on posting a photo of the trim once performed.
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR IMG_6129

New injectors
New pump
New fuel rails
New fuel lines
New filter

This paperwork doesn’t show labor and parts cost. However, I did look at the dealer paperwork that showed their cost. Oh my.

I had them change the oil and filter while it was there( died on June 27th and received it back on August 3rd). They had my truck a total of 38 days.

I did receive the truck back with it still throwing a code. That code is most likely due to my AFE intake. I plan on uninstalling that intake tomorrow anyways as I have ordered the AEV dorkel. Hopefully, fingers crossed, reverting back to the stock intake will eliminate that last code. If it doesn’t, I’m sure the dealership will resolve it for me.

Overall, my dealership experience has been pretty good. My service advisor( Charles at Walnut Creek Jeep) was excellent and kept me in the loop for all the important developments. I would highly recommend him.

As for having the truck back, I am happy with it. it’s too early to tell if the performance has changed in anyway. I can only hope that they resolve the recall soon and that I don’t have to post anything about it otherwise from here on out.
When mine blew. I was able to snap a picture of the actual cost of replacement. I'll see if I can find it!

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
Back to “build” subjects..

The fit is SUPER tight. I actually had to remove the grill to “find” that extra mm. The down side to the extra girth of the 10k is that I now have to trim the bumper so my engage/freespool lever can clear. I’ve left it engaged for now as I haven’t had time to trim the bumper.

Pictures of installed winch.
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR IMG_20210827_151505092
Warn has a service part to shorten the throw on the clutch handle specifically for the Mopar bumper I remember reading about. It makes it so the throw is only 90 degrees instead of 180 degrees.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Warn has a service part to shorten the throw on the clutch handle specifically for the Mopar bumper I remember reading about. It makes it so the throw is only 90 degrees instead of 180 degrees.
Now that’s a solid tip! I’ll start digging for a part number. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Had the Jeep back now for a bit and have put just shy of 5k on her. A check engine light came on this past Thursday. Considering these two weeks are the busiest of the year for me work wise and then the next month is jam packed with family birthdays and an annual Aulani trip, I am not sure when I’ll address the CEL. Tomorrow, I’ll at least identify the code.
Hopefully it isn’t related to the HPFP.

On another note, I had to certify for smog last month. I took off the AFE intake and noticed a slight decrease in throttle response. Kind of bummed about it, but I plan on putting on a dorkel later on this year. So, the AFE intake will stay off the truck. I hope the AEV dorkel returns some of the throttle response.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
DO NOT CUT THE BUMPER. Rotate the handle or get the shorter handle.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
DO NOT CUT THE BUMPER. Rotate the handle or get the shorter handle.
I’ll take your “demand” into consideration…

in other news, the Gladiator has sprung another CEL. This one has a TSB associated. So, back to the dealership for service.
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR IMG_0038

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’ll take your “demand” into consideration…

in other news, the Gladiator has sprung another CEL. This one has a TSB associated. So, back to the dealership for service.
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR IMG_0038
Just trying to help.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Back to build stuff.

Last week I replaced the batteries due to an error on my part. The error was leaving the inverter on overnight for two days. I had shown a customer my electrical setup and forgotten to turn the inverter off. I had a battery charging in the Milwaukee multi charger and it drained my batteries dead dead. Yes, I have a 2000watt pure sine inverter installed in my bed. I also have a 7gallon potable water storage and delivery system as well as a hard mounted Viair compressor and tank(it’s not hooked up still because I am on the fence wether or not to add in the secondary pump).

A few days ago I replaced like for like tires due to hitting the wear bars. The Goodyear Duratrac tire has treated me and my adventures well, especially in the snow. I wanted to go up to 37’s, but time and indecision prevented me from doing so. I really would like to have a taller tire, but at the same time I have to remind myself this is the “work” truck.

Regarding the HPFP; I have the recall pump on order with my dealership and it will get replaced when they have it onsite. I haven’t had any issues with the replacement pump since getting it back from the dealership, but it feels like a ticking clock to me. Eventually it will come around to midnight again…

Pics of bed stuff for interest:

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR IMG_0819
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR IMG_0820
Sponsored