Sponsored

The M1101 too heavy or no

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
M101A2 would be a better fit for the gladiator. replace the surge brake axle with electric brakes and the either keep the pintle or swap for something like the lock-n-roll hitch with a longer tongue for better maneuverability. I saw one here in houston that was converted and behind a JK. Looked like perfect behind the JK. Had same tires and wheels as the JK as well.
Sponsored

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
I tend to agree with others that while it would look great, by the time you scale it down to be reasonable to tow, you’d be in it for quite a bit of cash. We have the Smittybilt Scout, which has been amazing. 12”+ of clearance with independent A arms, four shocks, limiting straps, Jeep fenders, and so much more. The tent or gear rack has an 800lb capacity and it has a rear 2” receiver for bike racks and other accessories. 3,300lbs if it’s fully loaded. We’ve never had it past 3k. Rear slide outs take 200lbs each while extended. It’s truly ready to go for a very small price tag. I think it’s on approximately 32” tires, and it includes a spare. We tow it up some crazy roads and it’s easy with the gladiator.
3,300lbs for a tent trailer??? I have a 16ft Casita Freedom Deluxe fiberglass travel trailer with full kitchen, bathroom with shower, sleeps 3 and seats 6 and its around 2,200lbs empty and maybe 3,000 stuffed with everything we own. I don't know the clearance off hand but I put a 3" lift on it and you can go higher.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
3,300lbs for a tent trailer??? I have a 16ft Casita Freedom Deluxe fiberglass travel trailer with full kitchen, bathroom with shower, sleeps 3 and seats 6 and its around 2,200lbs empty and maybe 3,000 stuffed with everything we own. I don't know the clearance off hand but I put a 3" lift on it and you can go higher.
3,300 loaded. It’s less than 2,200 empty, and that’s including the full sized spare on the carrier. Not to be short, but good luck dragging that casita up 15 degree mountain roads. There’s a big difference between an RV trailer and a fully capable off-road overland trailer that can handle the same trails the tow vehicle can. This picture is old, but gives a pretty good idea.
Jeep Gladiator The M1101 too heavy or no 7A34210E-3E1C-4383-8765-BFC68BF57E76

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
3,300 loaded. It’s less than 2,200 empty, and that’s including the full sized spare on the carrier. Not to be short, but good luck dragging that casita up 15 degree mountain roads. There’s a big difference between an RV trailer and a fully capable off-road overland trailer that can handle the same trails the tow vehicle can. This picture is old, but gives a pretty good idea.
Jeep Gladiator The M1101 too heavy or no 7A34210E-3E1C-4383-8765-BFC68BF57E76
I know a travel trailer and tent trailer are two different animals with different capabilities, the tent trailer just sounds like a lot of weight for its size and amenities.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I know a travel trailer and tent trailer are two different animals with different capabilities, the tent trailer just sounds like a lot of weight for its size and amenities.
To each their own. We like to be able to go where Rv trailers can’t. Please remember I was replying to a post from someone planning to build an overland trailer. My impression was not that their plan was to build an RV.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The White Rabbit

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
We definitely all have our own ideas and preferences. This thread is definitely to discuss all options. Take what works for you and forget the rest. Add what you’re benefiting from and enjoying, so that others can do the same. After all some like mushrooms on their pizza and others prefer pineapple. 😆

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
An 8' Alaskan non-cabover camper fits in a M101 trailer.