First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Army Civilian
I was JUST staring at my tailgate yesterday wishing I had something soft for my poor old dog that doesn't like sitting on the uneven tailgate with me. This is amazing! I've tossed a dog bed in the back a few times for her, but this helps me out too! Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
The dimensions are 45.30" x 3.5" (thickness) x 35". ...
These are the Length, thickness, and height measurements from their website; I beleive the 35" would be ground to top of seatback, as set up. How wide is it laid flat thought? Basically, if you put two down with the tailgate open, laid cross-ways, will it be more than 6.5ft?

Cause I agree; I have the Rightline bed tent and I'd WAY rather have two of these than a blow up matress. I like to load the bed up with nieces and nephews and go wheeling, this would be a great place for people to sit, facing each other, riding back roads.

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Well, for me it was a must have tailgate accessory! - Ozark Trail (Walmart brand) easy-folding padded truck tailgating couch with polyester fabric. Metal frame with recline settings. Multiple uses for tailgating, camping, stadium, and possibly for passengers riding in the bed in states that still allow that sort of thing. Available at Walmart.com for 59.99 (and they will price match in store where it is regularly 64.99). Folds flat and cleans easy. Available in black, camo, red (looks pinkish in person). Link below picture.

View attachment 103197

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tr...olyester-Fabric-Black/112053606?selected=true

Sweet! Do you know of any portable steps for those who have spouses who are not so tall?

-Erik

OP
OP
robinja

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet! Do you know of any portable steps for those who have spouses who are not so tall?

-Erik
I would suggest searching for a folding step stool on Amazon.com or Walmart.com. I carry a small heavy duty plastic cargo box even when not camping/offroad and it doubles as a step when needed.

OP
OP
robinja

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Basically, if you put two down with the tailgate open, laid cross-ways, will it be more than 6.5ft?
The measurements of the seat when flat are fairly accurate. When folded flat with both in the same direction and lined up between wells. they will extend into the tailgate area.

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
i like this. Noticed it says weight capacity 250lbs. I'm not a little dude and am pretty close to that myself.

OldFloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
i like this. Noticed it says weight capacity 250lbs. I'm not a little dude and am pretty close to that myself.
If you read farther down on the website it says 250 pounds per person...

adam_jt

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2010 Nissan GT-R
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Dang it Murgatroid! You are going to make me go buy another one.

The dimensions are 45.30" x 3.5" (thickness) x 35". The tailgate would have to be down for both to be flat and side by side, but if you have a truck bed tent it would be down anyway. And their seems to be enough padding over the framing where you could use them as a mattress.

Note to self: Buy another folding tailgate couch. Buy a truck bed tent. Ignore posts from Murgatroid who makes me spend more money. LOL
Just ordered 2 in Camo and this tent. Great find.... thanks!
Jeep Gladiator The must have JT tailgate accessory! Padded truck tailgating couch (Ozark Trail) 20200924_234513

Sponsored

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Damn you all, not in stock around here so I had to order two online....

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Mine just came in today, going to give it a test run at the lease this weekend.
Sponsored