Sponsored

The one thing I wished I added - proximity key

jjarrell13us

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Ok, probably a dumb question. I didn't order the remote start package for my (hopefully) soon to be delivered rubicon, but I've seen some posts that indicate that you can remote start using the UConnect app on your phone. Do you have to have the remote start package for this to work, or would just having the app alone allow the remote start?
Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Okay, so you're asking for something they don't offer. Proximity only works with the two front door handles, and you also want it to work with the tailgate handle. That makes the tailgate more expensive, and requires more wiring. I don't see it happening. Walk a few extra steps and touch the door handle, or fumble with the fob to unlock the tailgate. Just a slight change to your routine...
I'm glad you caught up to exactly what I said in the first post. lol

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Ok, probably a dumb question. I didn't order the remote start package for my (hopefully) soon to be delivered rubicon, but I've seen some posts that indicate that you can remote start using the UConnect app on your phone. Do you have to have the remote start package for this to work, or would just having the app alone allow the remote start?
The answer should be no. There are components added with the remote start package that are not there without it. My Power Wagon doesn't have remote start and I can't start it with UConnect

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad you caught up to exactly what I said in the first post. lol
That may have been what you meant, but that is not what you wrote. I interpreted your statement as a complaint that the proximity system does not unlock the tailgate, which the default setting does not do if you open from the drivers side.

I have it and it drives me crazy that it doesn't work with the tailgate. I always go to the tailgate first. I end up taking out my key half the time anyway.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

No it does not. One of my employees got a rubicon without remote start and the app won’t start the Jeep
Sponsored