Sponsored

The time has come…

Daeyis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR 6spd
Ordered from Moore Jeep in Peoria. process goes through fleet manager and had no issue with affiliate program.
Sponsored

AZrolltide

First Name
Deante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave (soon)
So my time has finally come, this weekend (deal permitting) I’ll be *hopefully* ordering my gladiator.
My list:
Blue Mojave
cold weather
Tow package
Aux switches
Bed liner
Black hardtop + fenders

My question is.. this is my first time ordering a vehicle, what are the negotiating strategies you have used? What do you think the likelihood of any discount is in the current environment? For reference I’m in PHX area (AZ), any Arizona peeps have good experiences at a particular dealership?

I bought from Chapman in Scottsdale and they gave me 6% below invoice. 0 issues out of them. I sent a few more and they all received the same deal I did. Ask for Renate and she will take care of you.

OP
OP

tplihcik

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a gladiator
Occupation
Software engineer
I bought from Chapman in Scottsdale and they gave me 6% below invoice. 0 issues out of them. I sent a few more and they all received the same deal I did. Ask for Renate and she will take care of you.
Oh, they’re close, that would be nice. Order or off the lot? What / when was their initial offer?

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I’d get the dual top package as well. Even if you don’t use the soft top you could always sell it and recoup the funds vs needing to buy it after market. Having both tops really opens things up for you.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I have never had any push back at all. Am I have used that affiliate discount a handful of times. Just be upfront with your salesman. They get paid still just not as much as a regular sale… my guy loves me when I come in due to it’s easy money especially if you have everything ready to go.
Not near as much selling new, my brother who used to sell cars only made $100 off a new car per sale

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
All the jeep dealers are practicing their "add ons" of thousand of dollars! Not worth the time to shop. Better off custom order from Grupton with a $500 surcharge and below invoice pricing!

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Nice config. Be very certain you don't want the front trailcam. It's awesome.
2nd that. That’s the only feature mines truly missing that bothers me. Someday I’ll retrofit some via aftermarket. Oh well. Mine was off the lot at a good price.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Hmmmm I’m listening… convince me 🤔🤔
Look at the threads where an aftermarket camera has been added. It will thoroughly convince you to let the trained professionals handle the tasks.👍

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
2nd that. That’s the only feature mines truly missing that bothers me. Someday I’ll retrofit some via aftermarket. Oh well. Mine was off the lot at a good price.
Off the lot here too. I added the OEM cam. Given what I know now I could do it 2x as fast with no mistakes. If you read all the threads on it you'd be fine.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Off the lot here too. I added the OEM cam. Given what I know now I could do it 2x as fast with no mistakes. If you read all the threads on it you'd be fine.
I would, but I have the 7” screen. It’s not justifiable IMO to buy the 8.4”, and then start the camera parts purchase. Someday I’ll just swap to an aftermarket head unit that supports lots of cameras.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I would, but I have the 7” screen. It’s not justifiable IMO to buy the 8.4”, and then start the camera parts purchase. Someday I’ll just swap to an aftermarket head unit that supports lots of cameras.
oohhhh.... yeah.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your negotiating strategy should be to not bother to negotiate. Any number of dealers here give between 6 and 8% off INVOICE.

Surely there is one that you can drive back from in less than 24 hours.

I don't know what your profession is or how much money you make, but one day of my life spent driving my jeep back from Guptons was certainly worth the $6500 I saved over a local dealer.

With Gupton, it wasn't just the price. It was ZERO STRESS. I sent them a config. They confirmed it in an email back to me with a link to leave a deposit if it was correct.

I left a deposit. In 9 weeks I picked up the truck.

They picked me up at the airport - still zero stress.

The paperwork presented to me to sign EXACTLY matched the numbers I had been given before I left a deposit.

All 100% zero stress and 100% professional.

The only complaint I have about my Gupton purchase (and if this is all I've got, let me tell you that I'm happy) is that the car wasn't quite detailed quite as well as I'd have liked.

But then again, I hit a snow squall on the way back and it was filthy when I arrived home.

Renee offered to go through the features of the truck, but I wanted to get started home. I flew in that morning and was on the road driving home by Noon. I drove straight through the night and arrived home by 6 am. 25 hours after I left for the airport.

Besides, $6500 pays for a lot of detailing.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I don't know what your profession is or how much money you make, but one day of my life spent driving my jeep back from Guptons was certainly worth the $6500 I saved over a local dealer.
I did it for much less, my local dealer was about $1,700 more so I made the drive to Idaho.

Flights are silly right now because of the current circumstances, so flights were being cancelled to Boise pretty much every day.

12-hours each way, a night of hotel, I still saved about $900 over buying local.
Sponsored