First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a gladiator
Occupation
Software engineer
So my time has finally come, this weekend (deal permitting) I’ll be *hopefully* ordering my gladiator.
My list:
Blue Mojave
cold weather
Tow package
Aux switches
Bed liner
Black hardtop + fenders

My question is.. this is my first time ordering a vehicle, what are the negotiating strategies you have used? What do you think the likelihood of any discount is in the current environment? For reference I’m in PHX area (AZ), any Arizona peeps have good experiences at a particular dealership?
Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats! I’m so jealous. If I lived in AZ with a Gladiator, I’d be bouncing off the walls in excitement.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Congrats! I’m so jealous. If I lived in AZ with a Gladiator, I’d be bouncing off the walls in excitement.
Sandstone canyon walls right???

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So my time has finally come, this weekend (deal permitting) I’ll be *hopefully* ordering my gladiator.
My list:
Blue Mojave
cold weather
Tow package
Aux switches
Bed liner
Black hardtop + fenders

My question is.. this is my first time ordering a vehicle, what are the negotiating strategies you have used? What do you think the likelihood of any discount is in the current environment? For reference I’m in PHX area (AZ), any Arizona peeps have good experiences at a particular dealership?
You need to fly up to Idaho like the rest of us out here. No market adjustment mark-ups, just an easy 6.5% below invoice from @12psi.
Happy ordering.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
You need to fly up to Idaho like the rest of us out here. No market adjustment mark-ups, just an easy 6.5% below invoice from @12psi.
Happy ordering.
Did you end up ordering through Kent after all? He's such good people. My dad and father in-law have both ordered Ram pick up trucks from him in the last few months and have had the exact same experience.

Sponsored

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
We bought from Bill Luke. Was an extremely good process. Seems like they’ve taken everything onboard from Carvana and are in no way pushy.
the finance guy was like “want anythingI’m about to offer you?” We said nope and that was it.

KohalaHutch

First Name
Hutch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangler: MW3 Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Call a sales manager at a reputable dealership and introduce yourself. Ask for their email address and tell them you will send them a build summary from jeep.com. When you send it to them, attach your discount code and say something like:

“I've attached the Jeep Gladiator build summary from jeep.com to this email for your review. I've also attached my discount control number for your reference since my organization is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Auto Affiliate Program, which entitles me to a discount of X% below dealer invoice. Please give me a call once you have a chance to take a look.”

OP
OP

tplihcik

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a gladiator
Occupation
Software engineer
We bought from Bill Luke. Was an extremely good process. Seems like they’ve taken everything onboard from Carvana and are in no way pushy.
the finance guy was like “want anythingI’m about to offer you?” We said nope and that was it.
Did you order or buy from their lot inventory?

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you end up ordering through Kent after all? He's such good people. My dad and father in-law have both ordered Ram pick up trucks from him in the last few months and have had the exact same experience.
I did. Was only a half percent more savings flying in to Nashville so I figured I’d stay closer to home.
Though I had big plans for the Kentucky Bourbon Trail if I had gone through Gupton and the friends and family in Arkansas will just have to wait to see me.

I’m probably going to stroll over to the coast from Kent’s and break her in on the Pacific Coast Highway. No time constraints and no particular place to go…

OP
OP

tplihcik

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a gladiator
Occupation
Software engineer
Call a sales manager at a reputable dealership and introduce yourself. Ask for their email address and tell them you will send them a build summary from jeep.com. When you send it to them, attach your discount code and say something like:

“I've attached the Jeep Gladiator build summary from jeep.com to this email for your review. I've also attached my discount control number for your reference since my organization is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Auto Affiliate Program, which entitles me to a discount of X% below dealer invoice. Please give me a call once you have a chance to take a look.”
It just so happens my company is an FCA affiliate according to FCA’s affiliate website. Interesting. Thanks for the info! In your experience have the managers been relatively receptive to this approach?

Sponsored

KohalaHutch

First Name
Hutch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangler: MW3 Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
It just so happens my company is an FCA affiliate according to FCA’s affiliate website. Interesting. Thanks for the info! In your experience have the managers been relatively receptive to this approach?
Yes, with only one exception, they haven’t pushed back at all. If they do, that’s a big red flag and I’d move on.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I have never had any push back at all. Am I have used that affiliate discount a handful of times. Just be upfront with your salesman. They get paid still just not as much as a regular sale… my guy loves me when I come in due to it’s easy money especially if you have everything ready to go.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
I bought 2 from Bill Luke (Gladiator and Wrangler) and 2 from Autonation on Bell and I-17 (2-Gladiators). All were on the lot, no ordering. Better experience at Bill Luke but now service all at Autonation.

IMG_2533.JPG

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
My list:
Blue Mojave
cold weather
Tow package
Aux switches
Bed liner
Black hardtop + fenders

Nice config. Be very certain you don't want the front trailcam. It's awesome.
Sponsored