bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
@Nebulocity

What's worse then the Service Departments action is what you did... You, let them tell you that, you let them blow smoke up your arse..... YOU kept your mouth shut and just drove off. Hate to be so blunt, but you need to get a set of balls!

Dealer would not pull that chitt with me or say one of my Sons... No way... I'd be at the dealerships, General Manager's office and politely but very firmly reading them the riot act..

I'd have my smart phone in hand with a FCA rep right on the line..

Dedicated Jeep Customer Care: Ph. 1-866-362-2146....

Can tell you, I would have had that friggin oil change done!

Well, actually, I do my own oil changes and don't let the dealer touch my vehicle... 8-)
I never have understood why someone would want to force someone to bake them a cake when they don't want to.

I won't disagree that I would have made the GM abundantly aware of my dissatisfaction, but there is also no way on hell Skip and Gomer were going to be working on my shit.

So while I personally or you may have felt the need to get some, the assertion that the OP lacks testicular fortitude is out of line. Nothing good was going to come of it and it is simply a personal matter.

I was a service manager in a truck shop for quite a few years. I worked very hard to take care of people and was largely successful. However insomuch as there were humans involved inevitably something would have to come back for rework. I had a hard and fast rule : I could fix your shit OR You could chew my ass out. Pick one, because under no circumstances would you get both.
Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
@bgenlvtex

I hear ya....

Having owned a few restaurants when younger.......I could related to the analogy that was made by @Nebulocity, about the "spitting in someone's soup when you complain at a restaurant".....

........and YES, with that in mind I would not have had the oil change done.... .

... BUT, as I said earlier. I would have surely, raised a major stink and not just drove off, saying nothing.
Sure, and I don't disagree.

I'm simply saying that because the OP chose a different path is no reason to tell him to grow some balls. That's all, and I think you should walk that back a little.

The exact same outcome occurred in your scenario (and my own) as did his.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
@Jeeperjamie You are using Hendrix in Concord, right? So you would give their service department a good rating? Just got my diesel, and in doing a little research, Hendrix has, by far, a lot more diesel JTs on their lot than anyone else. So Iā€™m thinking they are the place to go, even though my local Jeep is quite a bit closer.
Yes sir, I've never personally had a bad experience dealing with them. I bought a Jeep grand Cherokee from them, A toyota, a honda civic, my Jeep Gladiator, and 4 Bmws from Hendricks imports, never had a bad experience at any Hendricks dealership. I got had my Grand Cherokee, JKU, and my current JT all serviced by Hendricks and they always go above and beyond. I recommend them. They seem to have the best selection around when it comes to jeeps.

TheProdigalBastard

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I made an appointment for my first oil change and they tried to bill me for it. I told them I had purchased a maintenance plan and they said it wasn't in the system. So I pulled out the contract and said, either honor this or write me a check for $2k. They'll probably try to pull this again, which will be fun.

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I never have understood why someone would want to force someone to bake them a cake when they don't want to.

I won't disagree that I would have made the GM abundantly aware of my dissatisfaction, but there is also no way on hell Skip and Gomer were going to be working on my shit.

So while I personally or you may have felt the need to get some, the assertion that the OP lacks testicular fortitude is out of line. Nothing good was going to come of it and it is simply a personal matter.

I was a service manager in a truck shop for quite a few years. I worked very hard to take care of people and was largely successful. However insomuch as there were humans involved inevitably something would have to come back for rework. I had a hard and fast rule : I could fix your shit OR You could chew my ass out. Pick one, because under no circumstances would you get both.
wait so what if you deserved the ass chewing, could i nibble some and then get the work done?? har har folks

Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I made an appointment for my first oil change and they tried to bill me for it. I told them I had purchased a maintenance plan and they said it wasn't in the system. So I pulled out the contract and said, either honor this or write me a check for $2k. They'll probably try to pull this again, which will be fun.
Surprised they tried to charge you, even with the Jeep Wave freebies you get?

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
When I went in for my first oil change I still had 35% left and the dealer never questioned it. On there oil change reminder it recommended a 5,000 mile interval.

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
with my last vehicle (not a jeep) the local dealer would not honor the service contract I purchased, I had to drive 20 miles to the dealer I bought the car from to get service.
Also, I gained 2-3 miles per gallon when I started doing my own oil changes.... using quality oil. They must have been filling it with syrup.

Renoraines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Occupation
Oil and gas.
Keep in mind it isn't just Jeep dealerships. I have horror stories from almost every brand I've owned.

One of my "favorite" ones was an Acura dealer broke one of my MDX lug bolts. The service advisor called me and said either I or someone else tightened the bolt and nut too much and caused his service guy to break it. He wanted $67 more to fix it. Um, no. After a battle, he agreed to charge $7 for the part and threw in labor. We had an event that evening so we quickly got the car and left. I always check what was done but we were in a hurry and of course it bit me in the ass.

Fast forward a week of my wife driving the MDX and a car wash guy brought me over and pointed at the front right wheel. Only 2 nuts were holding the wheel on (!). I looked at the rest and each wheel had only 4 of the 5 lug nuts on. Even though I told the Acura advisor the lug nut key was in the front cup holder, they didn't put any of the locked nuts back on...so they took the normal nuts from the front right wheel and left 2 on there. Probably in spite of the lug bolt issue.

I floored it back to the dealer and got the service manager out...my wife had been driving on this vehicle for about a week with my 2 boys inside. I probably looked like King Kong with my chest pounding. It got resolved but I was ready to throw the whole department through a glass window.
Ayup. Moms $100k Mercedes went in for an oil change and rotation, front left tire rolled off after a few blocks from the Midland dealership.

i Was livid. mother and SIL didnā€™t understand the seriousness off the issue since ā€no one was hurt.

tons of crap employees everywhere.

Renoraines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Occupation
Oil and gas.
Our local Jeep/Dodge dealer has a less than stellar street talk review. When the JT was announced, I went in to inquire with a call when in request. Crickets ever since.
Several years ago I stopped at the local Fiat dealer(different dealer) with cash in hand to buy on the spot. I rode in on my Benelli, dressed like a power ranger in matching leathers and all. I removed the helmet and spent a goodly amount of time browsing the line. Not one salesman came out. Never, ever will I recommend that dealership to any one. Later, one of the management underlings was in my Def. Driving class. As we discussed the new JT, I told him what occurred. The dealer was also a Jeep dealer. He was aghast(feigned?) and tried to get me back. My words were "No way on god's green earth." The damage was done and there are no second chances.
went to the local Tate Branch to just Look and fell in love w the JT. Told them Iā€™d take one home today. Listed 3 colors and the only option I had to have was heated seats. Not even a ā€œlet me see if I can find one, or weā€™ll order oneā€ but I had to check every window sticker to find out they didnā€™t.

4 days later I ordered one from a dealer an hour away.

I pulled up in a Truck that used was worth the higher end JTā€™s, and higher demand here, 3500 Denali, In a time where even the local drunk can get a loan. Tate Branch was the worst dealer experience iā€˜ve ever had on purchases.

Too boot it was with another guy who could afford one cash, and was looking. We both bought elsewhere.
Sponsored