Time for a new Gladiator! Crash, bam, boom

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The JT Dana 44s are the new Advantek low-drag, metric differentials, advertised as stronger, with thicker tubes, etc. The Max Tow diffs are very strong, structurally like Rubicon and Mojave but without provision for electric lockers.
On my 2017 Recon, I searched out 3.73 with the 5 speed auto for lower highway rpm and better mpg. I was initially worried that I would give up those advantages with the 4.10 in the Max Tow package. However, the 8 speed has a lower first gear so with the 4.10s the crawl and take off is much better. It also has a better final overdrive for lower rpm with 4.10 than my 2017 had with 3.73 and the 5 speed auto.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
That was an answer from 2016. Laws and case law change every year. If I were you I would find a lawyer in your area and just ask them. You or someone you know has to know a lawyer who won’t mind answering this for you without BSing you. Me and my wife used a lawyer to sue a guy/his insurance who weren’t wanting to pay medical bills from a crash. We found a lawyer who handled everything. The guy/his insurance paid our attorney’s fees and court costs on top of it. These people and their insurance should have to pay everything you can get out of them because f**k them.

I looked into this. Good ol Michigan and their horrible insurance laws

Does Michigan Allow Diminished Value Claims?
No. Although Michigan law does not require insurance companies to pay for diminished value, you may still be able to recover up to $1,000 for damage to your vehicle not covered by your insurance company under Michigan’s no fault mini-tort statute (MCLA 500.3135(3)(e)). This is only applicable if your vehicle was damaged in a collision and you were not at fault.
https://www.expertappraisalgroup.com/diminished-value-claims-in-michigan/

SO, I could file a tort and try and get $1000 but I already received $500 from the other driver's insurance to cover my deductible. Not worth it for $500. I'll just chalk it up to another hit for 2020 for me.

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
I’ve got an 01 s10 that we fixed the frame horn on and has hit 2 deer, been Tboned, and rear ended once. Truck was repaired each time at quality shop. Still plugging along. Bought it totaled at an auction and fixed. Been the best car I’ve ever had.
I’m guessing you’ll be fine. It’s a Jeep they are tough.
Sponsored