Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't worry about it till you get it in the shop. The shop will do a quote and send it to the insurance and they'll send an adjuster out. Main thing is getting it to a shop with people you trust. Living in the UP we have plenty of deer + car incidents I have a shop that does great work and works well with my insurance. Last time my wife hit a bear I called him up, he let me know that his shop was busy and wouldn't be able to repair it for a few weeks but would get it in to get a quote. He ordered a new headlight for the car and when he did the quote he banged out the fender and stuffed the light in and the car actually looked fine if you weren't paying attention.

Point is find a shop that you trust does good work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Well, the shop gave their estimate of $13,500 and after a bit of complaining with the insurance co we are putting OEM parts on it. I don't plan on selling it. I am looking into an extended warranty just in case there are some issues that turn up at a later date.

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is a good shop. My plan all along was to drive this for the next 8 years and give it to my daughter when she starts driving. Then buy myself a new one. That may still be the plan. We'll see. I may get an itch in a year or two and look into trading in or selling. I won't hide the fact it was in a crash though. If that brings the value down too much then I will just stick to my original plan, pay it off and give to my daughter in 8 years

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
It is a good shop. My plan all along was to drive this for the next 8 years and give it to my daughter when she starts driving. Then buy myself a new one. That may still be the plan. We'll see. I may get an itch in a year or two and look into trading in or selling. I won't hide the fact it was in a crash though. If that brings the value down too much then I will just stick to my original plan, pay it off and give to my daughter in 8 years
Many body shops around here offer lifetime warranty on their work as long as you own the vehicle.
You might want to ask.

Sponsored

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
I haven’t read all of the posts, but if nobody has mentioned a diminished value claim, make sure you file one.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Well, the shop gave their estimate of $13,500 and after a bit of complaining with the insurance co we are putting OEM parts on it. I don't plan on selling it. I am looking into an extended warranty just in case there are some issues that turn up at a later date.
Are you talking about an extended warranty for the Jeep or repaired parts? Be careful with the extended warranties... some of them have clauses about vehicles that have been in wrecks.

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, got a call from the body shop yesterday afternoon. They are, in fact, putting a new frame on it. They ordered it and it won’t ship until March 26. The crash was Feb 6. By the time this is repaired it will have been 2 months and the costs are now up to $20k. I really wish it was totaled out

>:/

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Well, got a call from the body shop yesterday afternoon. They are, in fact, putting a new frame on it. They ordered it and it won’t ship until March 26. The crash was Feb 6. By the time this is repaired it will have been 2 months and the costs are now up to $20k. I really wish it was totaled out

I would pay a company to do a formal diminished value evaluation .... I imagine it would be a hefty check considering they are replacing the frame and the cost of the repairs!

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Guy spun out on freeway and hit my Tahoe when it was less than a year old. I had an embarrassing fit demanding it be totaled due to front end damage. They gave me a lifetime repair warranty and sent me on my way (15k in damages). 15 years and 230k miles later there have been no issues, lol. All about OEM parts and excellent technicians.

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Guy spun out on freeway and hit my Tahoe when it was less than a year old. I had an embarrassing fit demanding it be totaled due to front end damage. They gave me a lifetime repair warranty and sent me on my way (15k in damages). 15 years and 230k miles later there have been no issues, lol. All about OEM parts and excellent technicians.
That right there is the hardest thing to come by these days.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME

Wow! That will be a tremendous amount of labor. Between that and diminished value, how is it NOT being totaled?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Wow! That will be a tremendous amount of labor. Between that and diminished value, how is it NOT being totaled?
My local dealer did a JL frame swap a couple of months ago and it took two guys two days to do it.

I would be more worried the important stuff like the suspension and power train being properly pre-loaded and torqued.

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not happy with the way the insurance company handled this at all. It should’ve been totaled out. Their original estimate was a laughable $2,800. How do I file a diminished value claim? I brought it up to the insurance guy and he blew it off. If it has to be through them and they aren’t going to want to pay then what to I do? Lawyer?
Sponsored