OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Who did you get that ridiculous price from??
Northridge, Fusion, Dynatrac & every place else that sells D60's already setup for the JT that I could find. Also then researching doing it myself, but ultimately there are not options to easily handle the ABS & the new D44 should be nearly as strong as the previous Gen D60's anyway. So this option I will be into it roughly 6k and get to keep my current wheels. D60's would have been 16k + another at least 1500 for the bead locks & I would of been unhappy with the trackwidth (I like the wheels tucked and couldn't find 8 lug beadlocks with a positive offset).
Sponsored

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Fair enough then.. like I said.. just curious.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I’m curious about the assertion that JT 44s are as strong as earlier D60s. It’s pretty universally agreed that 37-38” tires are about all is recommended for JT axles. Speaking only from personal experience I ran 42” TSLs on a D60 out of a late 70s F250 with a full Detroit, Powered by a built 360, NP435 D20 combo without any issues. I seriously doubt anyone would suggest the same set up with a Dana 44 axle current production or otherwise. It’s a sample size of 1 given, and I’m open to being educated.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious about the assertion that JT 44s are as strong as earlier D60s. It’s pretty universally agreed that 37-38” tires are about all is recommended for JT axles. Speaking only from personal experience I ran 42” TSLs on a D60 out of a late 70s F250 with a full Detroit, Powered by a built 360, NP435 D20 combo without any issues. I seriously doubt anyone would suggest the same set up with a Dana 44 axle current production or otherwise. It’s a sample size of 1 given, and I’m open to being educated.
Check out the Tewltalk videos on youtube. He spelled out the reasoning why with the supporting math. The new D44's we have are built beefier then previous generations. Also the aftermarket axle shafts are warrantied up to 42" or more depending on brand from what I have seen. If I was going to be hammering on 42's I would want a little overhead from that, but 37 is my limit as I have to keep my spare under the bed. May step up to 38 once I go 4 link rear & I dont have a trackbar in the way, but even then I have 4" of headroom for the warranty purposes.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is my axle build list. The Front shafts will come later as they don't require a shop to do & right now the only option for them in RCV which are 1400 dollars & I if I ordered today I likely wouldn't get them before Xmas. I haven't seen confirmation yet, but there may be more options that come up because of the Mojave's open front diff on the same wide axles. So if the shaft lengths are equal which I expect they are then the Mojave will open doors for the Max Tow front shafts. Where as it would share rear shafts with the Rubicon since they share the same lockers.

Jeep Gladiator Time to Max Out the Max Tow Axles 1603334964982

Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well work changed so I got busy with other stuff & havent updated this...

We have success though.. Haven't put to a real test where the lockers were needed, but the setup looks great & I absolutely love the 5.13 gearing.

This morning though I had to take it back to have a leaky front pinion seal replaced and figured I would snap a couple pictures while it was up in the air.

Jeep Gladiator Time to Max Out the Max Tow Axles IMG_1215
Jeep Gladiator Time to Max Out the Max Tow Axles IMG_1216
Jeep Gladiator Time to Max Out the Max Tow Axles IMG_1217
Jeep Gladiator Time to Max Out the Max Tow Axles IMG_1218
Jeep Gladiator Time to Max Out the Max Tow Axles IMG_1219
Jeep Gladiator Time to Max Out the Max Tow Axles IMG_1220
Jeep Gladiator Time to Max Out the Max Tow Axles IMG_1221
Jeep Gladiator Time to Max Out the Max Tow Axles IMG_1222

MRPANDAZZ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Dope! I'm still waiting on my RCVs. Debating if I want them at this point.

What tire size are you running on the 5.13s and avg mpgs?

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dope! I'm still waiting on my RCVs. Debating if I want them at this point.

What tire size are you running on the 5.13s and avg mpgs?
I am on 37's. As for the MPG I am at 15.4, but thats as much offroading time as on road & lots & lots of driveway idle time (cause fuck the cold). I did reset when I was driving to the next town over & it said 19.7 for that there & back trip & that was rural highways.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Looks great man, my rear axle needed to have the new multi lip race replaced after my first install. I had to beat that thing hard to get the race out. Even with applying heat.. After that mine has been flawless as well. Excited for you bro. These arbs are fun. I try to find places to slide and get stuck. Then flip on the rear locker and walk right through it. Lol