OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
i think that is rear only not the front my sport S with max trackage of 7600 lbs only came with limited slip in the rear , which is fine works great but many years from now have to replace the clutches . I cant find a locker for the wide trac dana 44 in my axle . i dont know the spline count i think i saw 35 spine for a 20 wrangler front . What is the best bet for a front locker ?
The Sport S with Max Tow has 32 spline front & rear in Dana 44's. If you dont want to go to better shafts then the RD245 is the locker for each. This said I am not positive of the rear shaft length. It may be different in your limited slip rear then in the standard open rear as this wasnt discussed when I talked to either axle manufacturer or ARB. I am for sure spending a little extra on my rear though & going to 35 spline with the stronger chromeoly shafts.
Sponsored

jdwhichard

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
nurse
Vehicle Showcase
thanks so much just looking a locker in the front , stock 245 tires only for ride height of my goose neck trailer

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thanks so much just looking a locker in the front , stock 245 tires only for ride height of my goose neck trailer
Yeah then the RD245 is your only option currently.. There may be others soon though. I believe OX said they will have something this month. That may end up a better option if you dont have another need for the onboard air.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
i think that is rear only not the front also that is for m220 axle which may be on some but mine has wide trac dana 44. My sport S with max trackage of 7600 lbs only came with limited slip in the rear , which is fine works great but many years from now have to replace the clutches . I cant find a locker for the wide trac dana 44 in my axle . i dont know the spline count i think i saw 35 spine for a 20 wrangler front . What is the best bet for a front locker ?
I put a rd245 in the front of my sport. It will work. My write up here.

I put a rd246 in the rear. They are interchangeable, you just have to know how to order shafts for the width of your axle.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Can you get a traditional Detroit Locker for the 210 and 220? No airlines no electrical connections.

Sponsored

MRPANDAZZ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I just got word as well that the 35s FAD RCVs are still 10-12 weeks out.
Now I need to decide if I want non FAD which are available currently.
RD246 front has already been ordered so I’m stuck with 35s
@bastage Did you decide to go non FAD or retain FAD with 32 spline?

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got word as well that the 35s FAD RCVs are still 10-12 weeks out.
Now I need to decide if I want non FAD which are available currently.
RD246 front has already been ordered so I’m stuck with 35s
@bastage Did you decide to go non FAD or retain FAD with 32 spline?

Yeah I was told 10 weeks for that when I talked to RCV. I am going to go 32 spline with the FAD I think.

MRPANDAZZ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I was told 10 weeks for that when I talked to RCV. I am going to go 32 spline with the FAD I think.
A little disappointed that i was initially told 6-8weeks when I placed my order over a month ago and now its an additional 10-12.
I hope the non FAD RCVs don’t have the vibration some have reported, as those are my only option without waiting another few months.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A little disappointed that i was initially told 6-8weeks when I placed my order over a month ago and now its an additional 10-12.
I hope the non FAD RCVs don’t have the vibration some have reported, as those are my only option without waiting another few months.
You said you have the RD246 on order. Check about cancelling it & just getting the other. If your not happy with it its a 1400 dollar fix afterwards so even if you have a reasonable restocking fee first its probably worth it.

Sponsored

MRPANDAZZ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You said you have the RD246 on order. Check about cancelling it & just getting the other. If your not happy with it its a 1400 dollar fix afterwards so even if you have a reasonable restocking fee first its probably worth it.
I spoke with my shop the RD246 is already there.
I’m gunna give the one piece RCVs a shot, this isn’t my daily so it should be fine.
Worst case I could probably just swap the FAD side out for a 2 piece, down the road if it causes noticeable issues. Plus they’re $100 less without FAD

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke with my shop the RD246 is already there.
I’m gunna give the one piece RCVs a shot, this isn’t my daily so it should be fine.
Worst case I could probably just swap the FAD side out for a 2 piece, down the road if it causes noticeable issues. Plus they’re $100 less without FAD
Yeah if its a toy then the 35 spline without FAD is the strongest anyway.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well weeks after I started this I have finally got parts ordered. Heard back from my preferred installer who has been non responsive for a bit. Found out why & I am not holding it against him. He's also having me order everything & just call him to get scheduled when I have everything which is not what he normally does.

I have one order left to place with Dutchman tomorrow morning when my guy gets into the office.

Based on the quoted time frames for the stuff I expect to take the longest I am probably 2 weeks from having everything.

Labor & all I am looking at 7460. The only thing I am giving up that I wanted to the 35 spline front. But this also includes the Artec FAD skid plate since Artec is having a fairly substantial sale right now I added it & stayed about the same price I was planning just for the truss kit.

MRPANDAZZ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well weeks after I started this I have finally got parts ordered. Heard back from my preferred installer who has been non responsive for a bit. Found out why & I am not holding it against him. He's also having me order everything & just call him to get scheduled when I have everything which is not what he normally does.

I have one order left to place with Dutchman tomorrow morning when my guy gets into the office.

Based on the quoted time frames for the stuff I expect to take the longest I am probably 2 weeks from having everything.

Labor & all I am looking at 7460. The only thing I am giving up that I wanted to the 35 spline front. But this also includes the Artec FAD skid plate since Artec is having a fairly substantial sale right now I added it & stayed about the same price I was planning just for the truss kit.
Congrats. Your price is right along the same line as mine. I’m not doing a truss yet though.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats. Your price is right along the same line as mine. I’m not doing a truss yet though.
My better half's dad was a welder by trade so it was getting done one way or the other right here directly. I prefer not to put him through crawling around on the ground though. I am really ready to have these lockers & get out to some more of the local trails. There is one here mild enough with enough bypasses yet still fun enough to enjoy. Everything else is either a dirt road that my better half's subaru would traverse fine or needs lockers. I wanna get out onto those.
Sponsored