Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pastor
I would like to see one on a Gladiator too. I like that
They say that it will fit the Gladiator but there were no pictures of it.

BigC1066

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
EMS
JCR Off-road makes one that has a rear mount option for it

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
That would make them longer in length, it is bad enough trying to parallel park as is
Anything hanging off the back bumper or trailer hitch does the same.

I don't see the point in doing that.
To get the spare out from under the bed so when you off road you aren't bouncing off the spare tire.

Wouldn't that block your backup camera?
Any tire carrier for the JT will block the back up camera. There are camera relocation kits available.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I think it is generally a cool idea, but in execution you will lose a lot of the functionality of the Jeep as a truck to haul stuff with or at least making it more burdensome than just dropping the tailgate, closing it and going.

I have an aftermarket carrier on my XJ at the moment and I find myself doing anything I can to not have to open it up in parking lots to gain access to the hatch. It's just kind of inconvenience as it is heavy, not easy to do with one hand, double and triple checking that it latched properly can also be an issue.

The XJ was a hunting and wheeling truck the last few years so it was not a big deal, it only saw maybe a few thousand miles a year, now that its being daily driven until the JT shows up... its a huge inconvenience for grocery shopping, trips to home depot, etc.

So I suppose my opinion is that if you are strictly camping and extreme wheeling with your rig all the time, go for it. If you want the look, consider the cons and expense vs getting other goodies.

Sponsored

BlackBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I would rather see an in-bed option that stands the spare up on the passenger side, since 80% of the time it's just me in the jeep.
But this would reduce cargo capacity, and effectively make tonneau covers useless.
And we don't have clearance on the outside of the bed to run a spare carrier there like my Willys pickup uses.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
To get the spare out from under the bed so when you off road you aren't bouncing off the spare tire.
False logic tho. The 4 on the ground take a bigger beating than any perceived "spare drag". I wheel my truck and its literally never an issue.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
False logic tho. The 4 on the ground take a bigger beating than any perceived "spare drag". I wheel my truck and its literally never an issue.
Not false logic. There are people who have punctured the side of a spare under a bed after bouncing off of rocks. The four on the truck do not see that type of impact with almost full weight of the vehicle plus added forces.

If it has happened, it can't be false.

You asked why, I answered. It is an alternative. Not one I will use because of the extra weight hanging off the ass end increasing leverage forces.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not false logic. There are people who have punctured the side of a spare under a bed after bouncing off of rocks. The four on the truck do not see that type of impact with almost full weight of the vehicle plus added forces.

If it has happened, it can't be false.

You asked why, I answered. It is an alternative. Not one I will use because of the extra weight hanging off the ass end increasing leverage forces.
lol ok

MojaveLawyer

First Name
Agent X
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Law & Veteran