Tires are ugly brown!

Mr.Wilson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and a JL
So I have 37” Milestar Patagonia M/T tires. I’ve washed and scrubbed, pressure washed, tried everything and they don’t look anywhere close to black. Very brown. Any recommendations?
Jeep Gladiator Tires are ugly brown! 1705631210949
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So I have 37” Milestar Patagonia M/T tires. I’ve washed and scrubbed, pressure washed, tried everything and they don’t look anywhere close to black. Very brown. Any recommendations?
They look black in your picture. Maybe they hove chameleon tendencies. Just shows you're spending your time at the mall.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Walmart- purple power…. Best rubber cleaner out there. DO NOT let this product dry on aluminum, paint etc…. Rinse throughly, or it will etch.
Spray one wheel, let sit for 30 seconds, scrub with long bristle plastic brush, rinse….. repeat if necessary.

boom. Brand new black rubber wheels.

To all the mall crawling references- buy nice things and don’t take care of them?? 👍🏼

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr.Wilson

Mr.Wilson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and a JL
They look black in your picture. Maybe they hove chameleon tendencies. Just shows you're spending your time at the mall.
Those were my 35’s. They always looked good. Just used a pressure washer and they came clean every time.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Spray on some Bleche-Wite, let it act for a couple minutes, scrub with a nylon brush and hose off.

If it doesn’t remove all the gunk after one try, repeat a second time. It will remove all the grime.

Good luck.

Jeep Gladiator Tires are ugly brown! 1704318428991

Throwback

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Were they made in one of the Nankang Taiwan plants or the mainland China plant? I keep hearing about chinese rubber and plastic products not being manufactured properly these days. At the same time, I bought a bed mat that wasn't quite right. Same brand as the one I got for my Ranger, but this one was stiffer, curlier cheaper feeling. It was made in India.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Same thing happens across other brands, some are more pronounced. Tires excrete protective antiozonant. I had no idea until 2 years ago after getting a fresh set of pilot sports on a vehicle. I drove myself absolutely batty trying to get this off and just when I thought it was done it would appear again. Best you can do pressure wash it off, after awhile they will stop oozing but man its frustrating especially when they wrap a nice aftermarket wheel. Any lubricants or dressing will just mask it, once they weep the excess out you'll be able to keep them black.

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Use the Black Magic product as mentioned above. Regular car wash soap doesn't get into the oils deep enough. I've always washed my own rigs and that brown tire effect was a total pain, and using Tire Black after a wash didn't help. Looked terrible.

Spray that stuff on, and watch the disgusting brown water run down the driveway. 😆

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have used the Chemical Guy Tire and Rubber Cleaner with decent results. Sometimes you may have to do 2-3 applications to get most of the grime to lift.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Armor All Extreme Car Tire Foam, Tire Cleaner Spray for Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, 18 Oz Each https://a.co/d/7vxRMvl

Spray and walk away

Bakerboy

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 White Mojave
Occupation
See User Name 😁
With the onslaught of "new" chemicals to clean tires, cars, etc.

I have cleaned tires with this for 30 years. Someone else mentioned
https://a.co/d/97auXnK

I then finish with this
https://a.co/d/5rGS9Ku

No shine, just dark black looking tires.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Were they made in one of the Nankang Taiwan plants or the mainland China plant? I keep hearing about chinese rubber and plastic products not being manufactured properly these days. At the same time, I bought a bed mat that wasn't quite right. Same brand as the one I got for my Ranger, but this one was stiffer, curlier cheaper feeling. It was made in India.
China made tires are otherwise known as China bombs. Many RV tires are Chinese knock offs. The rated tires my fifth wheel came with. I had one explode taking part of the step wheel well trim and bottom fairing out of one of the long slides just before heading across alligator alley years ago.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
China made tires are otherwise known as China bombs. Many RV tires are Chinese knock offs. The rated tires my fifth wheel came with. I had one explode taking part of the step wheel well trim and bottom fairing out of one of the long slides just before heading across alligator alley years ago.
My china bombs are two years old. Im Eyeing Michelins as replacements
Sponsored