First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT
Occupation
HRIS Consulting
I haven’t drug my hitch skid on any rocks yet, but it withstood a Frontiers rear bumper like a champ last week. Dude backed out quickly while I was already halfway out of my spot - stopped & honking the last second or so no less. Probably around 10 mph, left a nice indention in his bumper and a few tiny scars on the skid by the receiver. Well worth it 👍.

D5BE2226-431D-4FD5-B746-990DEF167B4D.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you. I just like to tell stories. :)
I read and re-read and decided I took it wrong.........

Wife asked today why I got my new hitch skid powder-coated Fire Engine Red, I told her hopefully it'll be seen rather than hit!
Won't help, IMO. My supporting evidence:
I owned a 95 F250 4x4. It was "tall" in stock form - and it was RED.
I was run into twice and forced to swerve and/or slam on brakes a couple of times by idiots coming down entrance lanes into the freeway because they weren't trying to miss my truck.

I was parked at a business where I used to do network consulting - and one of the employees of that company backed into my big RED truck. Very minor ding to my truck, creamed his back bumper.

I was driving south on I35, in the left lane as I was among the faster traffic and was passing the slower traffic in the right lane. I feel sort of a bump and hear something and look in my right mirror to see a car trying to regain direction, then pulling onto the shoulder. I moved over, pulled into the right shoulder and backed up to her car........
She was in a Hyundai in the right lane and was changing lanes - into the left lane where I was DIRECTLY BESIDE HER in my big RED truck. My truck trashed the left side of her car bumper to bumper, I had a minor bend in the right fender and a bit of a ding in the end of the rear bumper, not that noticeable.

Idiots don't care what color the vehicle is, they just don't pay attention. I mean, really - a big truck RIGHT BESIDE YOU?
OR a truck behind you taking up almost your full rear view mirror and you back into it?

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I read and re-read and decided I took it wrong.........

Won't help, IMO. My supporting evidence:
I owned a 95 F250 4x4. It was "tall" in stock form - and it was RED.
I was run into twice and forced to swerve and/or slam on brakes a couple of times by idiots coming down entrance lanes into the freeway because they weren't trying to miss my truck.

I was parked at a business where I used to do network consulting - and one of the employees of that company backed into my big RED truck. Very minor ding to my truck, creamed his back bumper.

I was driving south on I35, in the left lane as I was among the faster traffic and was passing the slower traffic in the right lane. I feel sort of a bump and hear something and look in my right mirror to see a car trying to regain direction, then pulling onto the shoulder. I moved over, pulled into the right shoulder and backed up to her car........
She was in a Hyundai in the right lane and was changing lanes - into the left lane where I was DIRECTLY BESIDE HER in my big RED truck. My truck trashed the left side of her car bumper to bumper, I had a minor bend in the right fender and a bit of a ding in the end of the rear bumper, not that noticeable.

Idiots don't care what color the vehicle is, they just don't pay attention. I mean, really - a big truck RIGHT BESIDE YOU?
OR a truck behind you taking up almost your full rear view mirror and you back into it?
That is why I run with my headlights on ALL of the time. Whether I’m in my wife’s CRV or my White F-350. Can’t hurt to be more visible to those less attentive.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I ride motorcycles. I'm pretty much invisible when on it but i actually feel safer in trafic on the bike. Since i ride and drive as if no one can see me....i cant count the number of times the bikes agility is what saved me from a situation.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I ride motorcycles. I'm pretty much invisible when on it but i actually feel safer in trafic on the bike. Since i ride and drive as if no one can see me....i cant count the number of times the bikes agility is what saved me from a situation.
Been down that road...... although I've since sold my bike in favor of other needs. Sometimes I miss it as I could more easily avoid those who don't drive with mind and eyes open.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I keep thinking of selling my bike, every day on the evening news they report on a motorcycle fatality. It doesn't matter what you drive, ride people are not paying attention and are more on there phones/text.

JetSkiJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2011 Ford Crown Vic (work car), 2020 Mojave Gladiator as of 10-24-20.
Occupation
Retired LE
Yes, this is how I ride, it is my take care of tailgaters and parking lot folks that love to get up close and personal with bumpers of other vehicles.

Yes, the stickers have since been removed..

Yes, the pins were put in after the photo was taken.

Jeep Gladiator To the guy that backed into my tow hook… lmao 2021-03-01 18.21.52

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
A guy in a minivan got me last night. I was at a stoplight, and as soon as it turned green, the guy behind me took off. My trailerhitch saved me, but made a mess of his front grill and bumper. I'm tempted to get one of JetSkiJeff's torture devices for mine.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Thats really good to know. Growing up in one state, living in one of the most open states now, but on the boarder of a way overreaching state has me so confused. In SC if it drives and you pay taxes you are pretty much good. NC has inspections and some nit picky laws I am always afraid for getting pulled over on since I probably am across the boarder half the time I drive.
Have you seen some of the crap they allow to ride around on NC Highways, trust me your good. If you live in NC, then You know there's ways around inspections and unless your majorly breaking the law like really speeding or driving reckless I doubt your getting pulled over. On more than one occasion I've had a NC State trooper ask me if my mustang was fast and then test me light to light, like 110 in a 45 test me but probably less than a 1/4 mile of distance. From my experience with cops in NC if your pulled over for something in NC then you probably deserved it.

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Yes, this is how I ride, it is my take care of tailgaters and parking lot folks that love to get up close and personal with bumpers of other vehicles.

Yes, the stickers have since been removed..

Yes, the pins were put in after the photo was taken.

Jeep Gladiator To the guy that backed into my tow hook… lmao 2021-03-01 18.21.52
Seems like the license plate would give them some sort of clue to maybe not tailgate. Or maybe not.
Thanks for your service.

JetSkiJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2011 Ford Crown Vic (work car), 2020 Mojave Gladiator as of 10-24-20.
Occupation
Retired LE
Seems like the license plate would give them some sort of clue to maybe not tailgate. Or maybe not.
Thanks for your service.
YW and thank you for the support.

Many people here are clueless in Miami....Ive seen people tailgating Yellow City / County Police Tags on Unmarked Vehicles.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Have you seen some of the crap they allow to ride around on NC Highways, trust me your good. If you live in NC, then You know there's ways around inspections and unless your majorly breaking the law like really speeding or driving reckless I doubt your getting pulled over. On more than one occasion I've had a NC State trooper ask me if my mustang was fast and then test me light to light, like 110 in a 45 test me but probably less than a 1/4 mile of distance. From my experience with cops in NC if your pulled over for something in NC then you probably deserved it.
True I have seen some strange things thats for sure. And I know the inspection system is a little corrupt. Thats good to know they won't bust me for things like the windshield being down and no mirrors since im not driving like a moron.

But if you want to see some real gems head on down around Lancaster, lol

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Less than 3000miles on it at Costco, no note, but obliged to steal my .50cal antenna as well. Inspiration for a little change.
@Nus4au2 I too am really interested in details on your wrap around bumper.

Brand and cost?

Did you install it yourself? How hard to install?

If not how much was the install cost?

Nus4au2

First Name
Lanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21JT High Altitude, 17 Grand Cherokee, 17 Indian
Occupation
Healthcare
What bumper is that ?
Sorry it took me so long, Fab 4 bumpers. They are very stout. Little more expensive than I wanted but they offer quite a bit of protection. They are meant to be side steps for their bed racks. I did the front too. I’ll add more pics if you’re interested. Really changed the look of the high altitude. They do utilize the factory parking sensors.
Sponsored