Sponsored

To trade or not, what would you do.........

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I didn't realize the gray leather until after I sent you the link. Yes, black is available which I would pick as well.

Mainly just an example of pricing. :like:
I didn't realize how close the pricing was.
$200 difference if you have the exact same optional equipment and packages on both straight Overland and the HA version.

The only real differences are the fancied-up things like trim, painted bumpers, chromed stuff, painted mirrors and so on. The equipment is otherwise the same - with one exception - axle width.
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
$200 difference if you have the exact same optional equipment and packages on both straight Overland and the HA version.

The only real differences are the fancied-up things like trim, painted bumpers, chromed stuff, painted mirrors and so on. The equipment is otherwise the same - with one exception - axle width.
High altitude has the wide track axles? I did not know that.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74

Very similar. When it was coming down to our final decision, I liked the wide axles for towing and my wife liked the luxury bits.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
It does but with the 3.73 gears instead of 4.10
Interesting. I don’t like the wheels or the painted bumpers and my wider tires make up for the 1” difference, but I did not know that. I wish I had 4.10s to make my gearing closer to a stock rubicon, but no interest since 3.73.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It does but with the 3.73 gears instead of 4.10
I thought I was going to hate the 3.73 ratio and that it would suck for towing, but it's fine for towing and I like it for the mpg otherwise. With the automatic, it makes up for it other than a lot of times I don't see 8th gear.

So, what do you think of the HA, generally speaking, and other than the painted bumpers and mirror (which I'm not a fan of.......) what interior differences are there??

It's just weird that with otherwise identical equipment, the HA is just a tiny bit cheaper on the jeep build your jeep site. It's the "luxury" model, is it not?
We LOVE the dash look of my truck, so I'm curious about the dash and seats and such, and how they sit. My seats are among the most comfortable I've ever driven in.

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
I would check rebates as well, as a lot of them are based on trim level. So the HA might have a rebate the Overland doesn't, or vice versa. In my region, its not unusual for the Overland to have a rebate, but the HA has them less often.

Just checked my region, and the HA has a $2k rebate, versus the $1500 on an Overland.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I would check rebates as well, as a lot of them are based on trim level. So the HA might have a rebate the Overland doesn't, or vice versa. In my region, its not unusual for the Overland to have a rebate, but the HA has them less often.

Just checked my region, and the HA has a $2k rebate, versus the $1500 on an Overland.
It’s been a few years, but I got an overland because there were several thousand more in rebates than a rubicon and it was roughly the same price as I could have bought a sport S for.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

There is one on HA - through 5-2-2022.

Will find out tomorrow what, if anything, is current.

What did you use to check?

>> It’s been a few years, but I got an overland because there were several thousand more in rebates than a rubicon and it was roughly the same price as I could have bought a sport S for. <<
There were no specials, no rebates in November 2019. Not a penny.
I see one HA listed has a "rebate" that expires today.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Keep this in mind, every month to six weeks the feds increasing the rates probably for the next 18 months. Interest rates won’t be as low as they are today I’m guessing for the next 3 to 4 years at a minimum

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Keep this in mind, every month to six weeks the feds increasing the rates probably for the next 18 months. Interest rates won’t be as low as they are today I’m guessing for the next 3 to 4 years at a minimum
Interest on the small amount I'm talking won't be a factor.

Looks like all deals expire - no way to take delivery of a factory order by tomorrow. And it wouldn't be financed anyway. Not through Chrysler Capital if at all.

So there's no discounts or rebates at this time.

Jeep Gladiator To trade or not, what would you do......... 1651456159770

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I thought I was going to hate the 3.73 ratio and that it would suck for towing, but it's fine for towing and I like it for the mpg otherwise. With the automatic, it makes up for it other than a lot of times I don't see 8th gear.

So, what do you think of the HA, generally speaking, and other than the painted bumpers and mirror (which I'm not a fan of.......) what interior differences are there??

It's just weird that with otherwise identical equipment, the HA is just a tiny bit cheaper on the jeep build your jeep site. It's the "luxury" model, is it not?
We LOVE the dash look of my truck, so I'm curious about the dash and seats and such, and how they sit. My seats are among the most comfortable I've ever driven in.
Generally speaking, I like the HA. I have seen a few around. I like the blacked out grill bars, headlight bezels and badges. I can't stomach the black 20" wheels though. Like we talked about, I would change those to 17" or 18" anyway and choose an A/T tire. As far as the interior, it is just like the Overland but slightly fancier with the quilted leather seats and caramel color stitching on the steering wheel, dash pad/panel, armrests, console and shifter/park brake handles. I don't really mind the color matched bumpers, but it really depends on the paint color. To me it would HAVE to be Hydro Blue or Snazzberry. Nope on Black, White, Silver Zynith or Granite Crystal. Of course, if the bumpers are changed out to steelies, then that is a non-issue. I actually prefer the color matched door handles and mirrors as it smooths out the look of the truck a little bit (kind of like the color matched Freedom Top).

The real kicker is the Dana wide axles. I do tow so that is important to me. And if loading up an Overland to a 62k MSRP, why not enjoy those little extras on the HA?

My wife always tells me that it's worth it because "life is short" and "we've worked hard for a long time".

Don't tell her this, but sometimes I listen to her! :giggle:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Generally speaking, I like the HA. I have seen a few around. Can't stomach the 20" wheels though. Like we talked about, I would change those to 17" or 18" anyway and choose an A/T tire. As far as the interior, it is just like the Overland but slightly fancier with the quilted leather seats and caramel color stitching on the dash pad/panel, armrests, console and shifter/park brake handles. I don't really mind the color matched bumpers, but it really depends on the paint color. To me it would HAVE to be Hydro Blue or Snazzberry. Nope on Black, White, Silver Zynith or Granite Crystal. I actually prefer the color matched door handles and mirrors as it smooths out the look of the truck a bit.

The real kicker is the Dana wide axles. I do tow so that is important to me. And if loading up an Overland to a 62k MSRP, why not enjoy those little extras on the HA?

My wife always tells me that "life is short" and "we've worked hard for a long time". Don't tell her this, but sometimes I listen to her! :giggle:
I worked with the dealer that sold me my current truck today - didn't price out the HA but just the Overland.
He's only $388 over my goal (well, I'd have to add 5% Iowa tax on the difference and the doc fees)
I should ask about the HA pricing with the exact same option we covered this AM.
IF I do this it must be by 5pm today to get the 2 grand off for incentive and financing incentive. With that 2 grand off he comes in between all other numbers and only a bit over the lower numbers.
More than once he commented on my truck being "nice" and "clean". I guess it pays to take care of things. He's not allowing as much as a couple of others, but not that much different, and I get to keep mine until new comes in. I do need to keep the miles average the same - if I drive 3,000 miles a month, don't take this one on a 10,000 journey next week.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I worked with the dealer that sold me my current truck today - didn't price out the HA but just the Overland.
He's only $388 over my goal (well, I'd have to add 5% Iowa tax on the difference and the doc fees)
I should ask about the HA pricing with the exact same option we covered this AM.
IF I do this it must be by 5pm today to get the 2 grand off for incentive and financing incentive. With that 2 grand off he comes in between all other numbers and only a bit over the lower numbers.
More than once he commented on my truck being "nice" and "clean". I guess it pays to take care of things. He's not allowing as much as a couple of others, but not that much different, and I get to keep mine until new comes in. I do need to keep the miles average the same - if I drive 3,000 miles a month, don't take this one on a 10,000 journey next week.
Oh yes, it pays to take good care of our vehicles. I wonder if there is a larger incentive on the HA compared to the Overland? If you talk to him again about an HA maybe he can give you some insight.

Would you still order it out?

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yes, it pays to take good care of our vehicles. I wonder if there is a larger incentive on the HA compared to the Overland? If you talk to him again about an HA maybe he can give you some insight.

Would you still order it out?
Yes, no one has anything with the equipment I'm looking for. All of them are lacking something major.
They want my truck stripped to how it was when it was delivered to me (except for the passive entry which obviously stays in the truck! )
Sponsored