Sponsored

To trade or not, what would you do.........

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is now saying "we've had blue Jeeps, why not get a snazzberry this time.

Hmmm, how would that look with the black Rubicon bumper?
I mentioned the HA to her and she asked that about the bumpers - well, if they come painted, won't that be a problem putting this bumper on one? (meaning HA)

The only reason I'd consider high altitude is the slightly wider axles.

Ugh, things have to get so complex!
So we go snazzberry, that's fine, I love that color too.
But HA throws complexities into it because of my big black bumper and winch.

EDIT - well, never mind! HA is NOT available in snazzberry! That lets that out.
Sponsored

ejzman

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTRx
Occupation
Business exec.
My wife is now saying "we've had blue Jeeps, why not get a snazzberry this time.

Hmmm, how would that look with the black Rubicon bumper?
I mentioned the HA to her and she asked that about the bumpers - well, if they come painted, won't that be a problem putting this bumper on one? (meaning HA)

The only reason I'd consider high altitude is the slightly wider axles.

Ugh, things have to get so complex!
So we go snazzberry, that's fine, I love that color too.
But HA throws complexities into it because of my big black bumper and winch.

EDIT - well, never mind! HA is NOT available in snazzberry! That lets that out.
I love my Snazzberry (sorry it's not available for you in the HA trim this year). The package upgrades are appreciated, but....I replaced the plastic body-colored front bumper with an MP Concepts aluminum + swapped out the 20" wheels/street tires with Mojave take-offs ( 17" black with Falken Wildpeak M/T).

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Snazzberry (sorry it's not available for you in the HA trim this year). The package upgrades are appreciated, but....I replaced the plastic body-colored front bumper with an MP Concepts aluminum + swapped out the 20" wheels/street tires with Mojave take-offs ( 17" black with Falken Wildpeak M/T).
The only reason I'd go HA is for the wider axles. I've towed with mine as is, Overland, not HA, and although I'd appreciate the width, it's not a huge thing.
The HA would complicate my wheel thing - I'd have to start over with wheels/tires.
I think we're leaning snazzberry Overland exactly like what we have in blue now, with the added stuff.
The sales guy is right - if I REALLY need that 2K incentive to make things work, the deadline is 5pm today. Who knows about any incentives tomorrow. IF there isn't any, then that's gone, if there is, then I get the best of today's or the next one, which ever is better. I'd get the 2K incentive at the very least.
Is the HA wider axles worth it to me? Hmmmm, not really sure.
We both really like the snazzberry so that may well decide for us - LOL, deciding based on color.

ejzman

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTRx
Occupation
Business exec.
The only reason I'd go HA is for the wider axles. I've towed with mine as is, Overland, not HA, and although I'd appreciate the width, it's not a huge thing.
The HA would complicate my wheel thing - I'd have to start over with wheels/tires.
I think we're leaning snazzberry Overland exactly like what we have in blue now, with the added stuff.
The sales guy is right - if I REALLY need that 2K incentive to make things work, the deadline is 5pm today. Who knows about any incentives tomorrow. IF there isn't any, then that's gone, if there is, then I get the best of today's or the next one, which ever is better. I'd get the 2K incentive at the very least.
We both really like the snazzberry so that may well decide for us - LOL, deciding based on color.
Buying a vehicle based upon color is something my wife does, hahaha. I live in South Carolina and when I bought my JT in 12/2020 the closest Snazzberry I could find was south of Indianapolis...which is where I bought it. It's still an uncommon color around me, and it looks awesome when it's all cleaned up.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I called to place the order, told him - one change, we're going snazzberry. He started plugging things in from our sheet this morning - nope, can't order snazzberry in any trim or edition. He checked building a Sport, he checked Rubicon, Mojave, he can't order snazzberry.
It's still on the consumer jeep.com build and price - but then the prices are also very different there vs. reality - the jeep site is hundreds less than what's in the order system.
BUMMER

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I had no idea The HA wasn't available with Snazzberry paint. If that is where you are leaning, then that changes that. I really like the Snazz as well. And yes, why not try something new? You will get TONS of compliments on those sunny days as that paint really lights up!

Now that you have some much needed info (if you decide to order) just enjoy the process! I am certain you have worked hard the majority of your life and you deserve it. Even though I knew EXACTLY what I was ordering, it was still fun sitting down and checking those boxes!

It is an exciting time Bill. Who knows, maybe you will get yours as quickly as I got mine. You live fairly close to my area of the country. 31 days total for me from order out to driving it home. Keep us all posted on what you decide! :handsinair:

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I called to place the order, told him - one change, we're going snazzberry. He started plugging things in from our sheet this morning - nope, can't order snazzberry in any trim or edition. He checked building a Sport, he checked Rubicon, Mojave, he can't order snazzberry.
It's still on the consumer jeep.com build and price - but then the prices are also very different there vs. reality - the jeep site is hundreds less than what's in the order system.
BUMMER
Now that is interesting. I heard rumblings about Snazzberry not being available "eventually" but by no means this early.

Sounds like Hydro Blue is on deck.

MDPensFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JTO, 2017 Grand Cherokee
BUMMER
Dang, that sucks after all that. Snazz is sharp, it was a very close 2nd to my Hydro Blue when it came time to pick mine. Snazzberry with a saddle interior would look amazing.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, that sucks after all that. Snazz is sharp, it was a very close 2nd to my Hydro Blue when it came time to pick mine. Snazzberry with a saddle interior would look amazing.
Yeah, we were set on another blue until the last couple of days then started thinking - why not snazzberry - we both really like it, have seen it all cleaned up on Jeeps in showrooms and on the lot, my wife saw one in the wild and said yeah, let's do that instead of blue. So I called the dealer, said we have one change, then order it - he tried, nope, can't do snazzberry. He even tried choosing that for other trims and editions - it was gone from his order system.
Dang, you spend time talking yourself into that color (not that we had to try really hard, we were already excited about the thought of that color) and then bam, the rug is pulled out from under you. Get all psyched up - yup, that's a great color, go for it........ rats.

On the plus, the price for my trade, although a bit lower than was hoping for (not that much, really), is locked in as long as I keep the miles no higher per month than I've been doing and that's about 900/month. I've owned it since mid-November 2019 and it's 26,000 miles. They'd prefer I keep it under 29,000 miles.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Good riddance on snazzberry. It’s way too Bama crimson tide. Tired of the smart ass comments from my favorite asshole.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good riddance on snazzberry. It’s way too Bama crimson tide. Tired of the smart ass comments from my favorite asshole.
I tried to get snazzberry, but it's not even part of the order screen now.

Well, it's a semi-done deal. The guy I bought my truck from originally, who low-balled me on my Chevy and wanted to stick to MSRP (I know it was all their management at that time) was prepared this time. I showed him a local dealer quote in detail, and gave him the best numbers others had given me.
I told him my caring was about the final number. Don't give me a great trade price but stick to MSRP, don't give me a good discount on the new one and then low-ball the trade value. I had a goal number for the difference and I didn't tell him what that was. I simple said I have a number written down, here's what other will give me for my truck right now, and here's the best $$ on a new one.
I got there and he had already talked to their manager (a different guy, he's only been there a year or so). Scott was prepared to deal. No messing around. He was $300 from my goal number but I get to keep my truck, and I get to strip off everything, he said I could even keep the splash guards. They'd be happy if I put this current one back to exactly how I picked it up (of course the proximity locks stay LOL)
I can take everything off that I added after I drove it home. Some others wanted to keep the splash guards, deflector, that sort of thing. He wanted nothing left on the truck that wasn't on it from the factory. So that actually helped drop the difference down to about $150 bucks.
Good enough.

He recalled last time the passive entry was missed, he remembered it, I didn't bring it up. He apologized and said he wanted to make sure that didn't happen again. He was well aware that I was aware of the FWP numbers - I had those with me. So we actually went over his screen which showed everything in detail.
It's not quite as good as some of the other numbers - but the advantage I got was that no one offering the deep discount would give me a number on my truck - I had to wait until the new one came in. In one case, I had to give up this truck when the new one was ordered to get the trade number locked in.

While we were talking, he said that every vehicle they sell either ordered or off the lot is always MSRP. I'd told him that there were some jacking up prices for on the lot vehicle and others giving discounts. He said he got approval from management to give the discount and again said, they only ever sell MSRP.
No surprise as I had called a couple other big Iowa dealers - "we only sell MSRP, sorry".

So now I begin the process over time of stripping things off this truck - spider web shade, rear bumper backup lights, springs and shocks, etc.
I may rethink the front springs........ I'll remove these but may do something different for the new one.
I may rethink the tire situation, too........... need to crunch more numbers.

Here's a snippet of the actual dealer screen. No snazzberry even listed and he looked under every trim ->
Jeep Gladiator To trade or not, what would you do......... 1651592335696

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I tried to get snazzberry, but it's not even part of the order screen now.

Well, it's a semi-done deal. The guy I bought my truck from originally, who low-balled me on my Chevy and wanted to stick to MSRP (I know it was all their management at that time) was prepared this time. I showed him a local dealer quote in detail, and gave him the best numbers others had given me.
I told him my caring was about the final number. Don't give me a great trade price but stick to MSRP, don't give me a good discount on the new one and then low-ball the trade value. I had a goal number for the difference and I didn't tell him what that was. I simple said I have a number written down, here's what other will give me for my truck right now, and here's the best $$ on a new one.
I got there and he had already talked to their manager (a different guy, he's only been there a year or so). Scott was prepared to deal. No messing around. He was $300 from my goal number but I get to keep my truck, and I get to strip off everything, he said I could even keep the splash guards. They'd be happy if I put this current one back to exactly how I picked it up (of course the proximity locks stay LOL)
I can take everything off that I added after I drove it home. Some others wanted to keep the splash guards, deflector, that sort of thing. He wanted nothing left on the truck that wasn't on it from the factory. So that actually helped drop the difference down to about $150 bucks.
Good enough.

He recalled last time the passive entry was missed, he remembered it, I didn't bring it up. He apologized and said he wanted to make sure that didn't happen again. He was well aware that I was aware of the FWP numbers - I had those with me. So we actually went over his screen which showed everything in detail.
It's not quite as good as some of the other numbers - but the advantage I got was that no one offering the deep discount would give me a number on my truck - I had to wait until the new one came in. In one case, I had to give up this truck when the new one was ordered to get the trade number locked in.

While we were talking, he said that every vehicle they sell either ordered or off the lot is always MSRP. I'd told him that there were some jacking up prices for on the lot vehicle and others giving discounts. He said he got approval from management to give the discount and again said, they only ever sell MSRP.
No surprise as I had called a couple other big Iowa dealers - "we only sell MSRP, sorry".

So now I begin the process over time of stripping things off this truck - spider web shade, rear bumper backup lights, springs and shocks, etc.
I may rethink the front springs........ I'll remove these but may do something different for the new one.
I may rethink the tire situation, too........... need to crunch more numbers.

Here's a snippet of the actual dealer screen. No snazzberry even listed and he looked under every trim ->
Jeep Gladiator To trade or not, what would you do......... 1651592335696
I’d almost trade just to have to have passive entry. Haha I know it can be added…

Anyway, I’m glad you got the deal worked out. I was half serious about snazzberry. It’s a never ending rivalry/trash talking thing with UGA/Bama.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’d almost trade just to have to have passive entry. Haha I know it can be added…

Anyway, I’m glad you got the deal worked out. I was half serious about snazzberry. It’s a never ending rivalry/trash talking thing with UGA/Bama.
Buy the parts package from Benny, bring it over and I'll install and 'program' it.

Yeah, it's a danged expensive way to get the NAV maps updated, isn't it?

Jeep Gladiator To trade or not, what would you do......... 1651600390427
Sponsored