Sponsored

What would you do?

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So I bought my JT mid in May, and there was some minor damage in transport to the back wheel well.

The dealership fixed it, and did a so so painting it, and I’m almost positive they didn’t use replace the clear wheel well protective with one from the factory.

The original one on my passenger side feels thicker and doesn’t pick up any dirt on the edges at all.. The new one is getting a ton of dirt on the edges.

The dealer is like 2 hours from me, so I’m not sure I want to go there to bitch about it picking up dirt and make them fix it...but aggravated out of principle.

Can I fix it myself? Would you make them fix it?

CDDF543E-D9DA-4B90-BE80-FF7C969DC47F.jpeg

F629C97C-8DD7-44C3-9EC9-B5A81024A4C9.jpeg
Sponsored

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
Buy come clear chip tape, available from amazon, cut to shape, remove old chip tape, clean the area with some alcohol, using alcohol water mix wet the area well, remove the chip tape from top towards the bottom using a plastic application took slowly apply the chip tape while slowly removing the tape backing make sure you do not get an air bubble by keeping the area moist you can slight adjust the tape

postion.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Buy come clear chip tape, available from amazon, cut to shape, remove old chip tape, clean the area with some alcohol, using alcohol water mix wet the area well, remove the chip tape from top towards the bottom using a plastic application took slowly apply the chip tape while slowly removing the tape backing make sure you do not get an air bubble by keeping the area moist you can slight adjust the tape

postion.
I agree if you want to replace it but try the alcohol and water solution with an old soft toothbrush to gently wet and brush around the edges to remove the dirt and excess adhesive...that is what is catching and holding the dirt there...should not be a problem after that...

make sure you put a light coat of synthetic wax on it as the alcohol will strip any protectant (wax) off of the paint

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
What I would do is peel all the clear tape off both sides and rub with alcohol to eliminate goo. Drive the truck. When the body-color flares eventually chip, replace them with black ones.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Painted fenders are gonna get wrecked by rocks. Just leave that there till they do and then paint and replace it

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
So I bought my JT mid in May, and there was some minor damage in transport to the back wheel well.

The dealership fixed it, and did a so so painting it, and I’m almost positive they didn’t use replace the clear wheel well protective with one from the factory.
I wouldn't worry about it since even the thicker 3M product will chip if you plan on going off road. If it does concern you go over to Amazon and buy a roll of 3M for less than $20. You can also use it for your door sills, foot wells, and other exposed areas too.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotchgard-Clear-Paint-Protection-48-inches/dp/B004VG88MQ

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

The original one on my passenger side feels thicker and doesn’t pick up any dirt on the edges at all.. The new one is getting a ton of dirt on the edges.

The dealer is like 2 hours from me, so I’m not sure I want to go there to bitch about it picking up dirt and make them fix it...but aggravated out of principle.

Can I fix it myself? Would you make them fix it?

CDDF543E-D9DA-4B90-BE80-FF7C969DC47F.jpeg

F629C97C-8DD7-44C3-9EC9-B5A81024A4C9.jpeg
Write them a google review and someone from the dealership will contact you

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Write them a google review and someone from the dealership will contact you
This is NOT the way to do it. Although it is typical.way of handling things by today's snowflakes. Contact them. Allow them to make it right by you first before you put them on blast on the internet.

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This is NOT the way to do it. Although it is typical.way of handling things by today's snowflakes. Contact them. Allow them to make it right by you first before you put them on blast on the internet.
It left the dealer like that correct? They already had a chance to make it right.

Sponsored

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1952 VW Beetle 11G
Couldn't agree more! Too many people nowadays can't look a person in the eye and work to resolve an issue. They would rather do it from behind a keyboard and act like the tough person they are not!

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Couldn't agree more! Too many people nowadays can't look a person in the eye and work to resolve an issue. They would rather do it from behind a keyboard and act like the tough person they are not!
Whew! I was afraid I was the only one that thinks this keyboard warrior crap is about as chicken$hit as it gets. Not e everything in life can be fixed on a keyboard.....better learn now or reality may be a bit overwhelming when it's on your doorstep!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
You can go talk to the dealer, but you drove it away after the repairs were done without complaining. You have already told them the repair job was acceptable. It depends on the type of dealer they are, but coming back three months later to complain they may just tell you to piss off. Once you write the check and drive away, all your bargaining power is gone.

I walked away from a custom ordered F150 years ago. I saw the caved-in rear bumper in the back lot, after it came off the delivery truck, before they had a chance to fix it and tell me it was in.
Sponsored