Sponsored

tonneau Cover started lifting at sides when on highway

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Going in on Thursday to have them take a look also. Short of them rev’ing the P/N It will just to It again with the replacement. Anyone have their work order after getting the cover replaced? Is a part number listed?
Mine is in as we speak. I'll let you know what happens.
Sponsored

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
thanks for the attachment SP, but is there an actual TSB on them? the case number's were the same, but had different dates.

I mentioned it when I went in for my last oil change and they just blew me off. "we spoke to an engineer and it's within spec" ok, what is the spec? couldn't / wouldn't tell me... mine lifts on the sides on the interstate, worse with the soft top and will hold over an 1" of rain. it's not even a year old yet.

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Ok. The dealership says it doesn't meet the parameters (what ever those are) for a defective cover but are going to order a new one and install it anyhow. Lmao. If you have seen the pictures earlier in this thread, I'd love to know what the parameters are, because you can see the sides flip straight out when driving it and it holds water like a pool. I couldn't imagine it being much worse.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Ok. The dealership says it doesn't meet the parameters (what ever those are) for a defective cover but are going to order a new one and install it anyhow. Lmao. If you have seen the pictures earlier in this thread, I'd love to know what the parameters are, because you can see the sides flip straight out when driving it and it holds water like a pool. I couldn't imagine it being much worse.
Wow, my jeep is less than a year old but has a lot of miles on It, I have a strange feeling they’re gonna give me issues: the whole problem is that it’s supposed to be waterproof, so, when it’s raining and I’m on the highway, the sides lift up and rain gets in, and when I’m not driving It, in between every support pools water from one side to the other, and that takes at least a full 24 hours after the rain stops to dry, where I can’t roll up the cover or else it’s almost guaranteed to dump Some of It into my bed . @JeepCares

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Since Jeep Cares has made it clear you should start with the dealer, I'd go into that with a good attitude and not expecting the worsr. That's what I did when I had some body nut welds break, and it was a total non-issue. Never had to get FCA or Jeep Cares involved at all.

Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Since Jeep Cares has made it clear you should start with the dealer, I'd go into that with a good attitude and not expecting the worsr. That's what I did when I had some body nut welds break, and it was a total non-issue. Never had to get FCA or Jeep Cares involved at all.
Went in, very polite (it’s been my local dealer for over a decade) and they essentially said “that’s just what happens to soft covers after a while”! They said they would do some research for me and let me know (already have them the Star / TSB #)

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Went in, very polite (it’s been my local dealer for over a decade) and they essentially said “that’s just what happens to soft covers after a while”! They said they would do some research for me and let me know (already have them the Star / TSB #)
Bullshit. Chrysler/Keeps/Dodge/Ram has been making knockout vehicles. Their damn dealerships are killing them. Don't accept it and contact Jeep Care.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullshit. Chrysler/Keeps/Dodge/Ram has been making knockout vehicles. Their damn dealerships are killing them. Don't accept it and contact Jeep Care.
Maybe they’ll actually call back in a few days and say “We’ll replace It!!” Hahahahaha, doubtful.....the funny (but really not funny) part about this story, is it’s raining here in CT, so when I got in my jeep to drive to dealer I noticed I left the rear seat folded down, went to put It back up, rear window is leaking, unreal....go check out the thread about that horror show.....

And now I’m seeing theirs finally a TSB our for loose steering, which replaces the AL box with steel, how much stuff will they replace on my truck. LOL

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the actual TSB? Im struggling to find it and I have my truck at the dealer today.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s now been elevated to a star case....

S2023000025

Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that I found, just not entirely sure what a star case is
Actually, I think the original problem opens a Star Case, (which is just a way they address unique issues with their vehicles)and then if the problem seems to be wide ranging it’ll get moved up to a service bulletin. I don’t wanna share Incorrect info, but the last time I saw a Star and Service Bulletin for the same issue they had the same reference number.

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Let me ask this....anyone routinely go through a car wash and blow dry down with the cover and not have a problem? I'm wondering if the force of the fans help cause this sag issue.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Let me ask this....anyone routinely go through a car wash and blow dry down with the cover and not have a problem? I'm wondering if the force of the fans help cause this sag issue.
I've been using automated washes about once a month. I don't think I have an issue.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are replacing mine, and the rear window leak. On the thought of the car wash, now that you mention It, I’ll probably leave It rolled up from now on if I do an auto, I guess anything is possible...
Sponsored