First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Hi all! There are A LOT of tonneau options on the market in a wide range of prices. I probably don't have to be $300 guy, but I know I am not $3000 guy either. I am looking at a couple of combos and would love any feedback you have. BedRug Full Liner and Gator EFX (1165), Weathertech techliner and Backflip G2 (1070), or the LOMAX cover/bed mat combo for 1068. Trying to keep it around 1k for a liner/cover solution. If LOMAX is to be believed, this deal is about a 20% discount from usual, though they might always be 20% off. Thanks again!
I went with the Bakflip MX4 and the BedRug. It is nearly watertight, but not quite 100% in these Florida torrential downpours. It's nice to take the Freedom tops and just slide them in the back without messing with the storage bags. So any choices, good luck with yours.

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg
Sponsored

Dog Dad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler ,2023Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Hi all! There are A LOT of tonneau options on the market in a wide range of prices. I probably don't have to be $300 guy, but I know I am not $3000 guy either. I am looking at a couple of combos and would love any feedback you have. BedRug Full Liner and Gator EFX (1165), Weathertech techliner and Backflip G2 (1070), or the LOMAX cover/bed mat combo for 1068. Trying to keep it around 1k for a liner/cover solution. If LOMAX is to be believed, this deal is about a 20% discount from usual, though they might always be 20% off. Thanks again!
I have the soft foldable tonneau cover from the factory and purchased the floor and tailgate liner from Weather Tech and for my needs I am satisfied with both.

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I have the Gator Hard trifold and bedrug looks just like post above. It is nice to lock stuff in the bed in needed and keeps things dry traveling. It comes off with 4 bolts underneath if I need whole bed.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the mat, or the full on bedrug?
I have the XLT Mat, which is the full mat that includes the tailgate.

I am happy with my purchase and my decision not to go with the full rug. It doesn't look quite as nice, in that the full rug makes the bed look like interior space in the vehicle.

But it was super easy to install and allowed quick and simple access to the factory tie down points.

I don't have the trail rail system but have put small eye bolts into all the points around the bed where there are screw holes.

The fact that it costs less than half as much doesn't hurt either. It may be irrational, but $450 seems like too much for something like this. Where as $215 seems to be a no brainer. Other than appearance, you get all the benefits of the BedRug with the XLT mat. (with integral tail gate cover)

One tip for use is that I spent the first 2 months trying to get the material at the joint between the bed and the tailgate to fold up when closed. BedRug said I had to "train" it.

I was considering returning it because if you left the gate open for a couple of hours the mat would sag into the gap and I'd be picking at the mat trying to get it to fold up.

Finally, I said F$%k it, and let the mat just close down into the hinge area and it's been perfect since. I went from thinking about it every time I opened the gate to not having thought about it in months. It just works when you let it fold down into the gap.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked. I bought the XLT Mat from RealTruck, a vendor on this forum.

$165 Shipped for the XLT mat was a no brainer.

Sponsored

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Overland
I run rubber bed mat and Rough county tri fold cover, I have had this basic set up on three different trucks and its what I prefer
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau or not tonneau thumbnail (2)

I have the same setup on mine and have been very happy with it. I am thinking about swapping out the rubber mat with a Bedrug though.

biplaneguy

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Engineer
If you want to go ultra budget while you decide on a long term investment I picked up a new Odero soft rollup cover from a reseller on ebay. Got the recommendation from another forum member to use the one marketed as the colorado cover as its the exact same size but cheaper than the one they market as the gladiator cover. https://www.ebay.com/itm/254356227444

I would consider it as acceptable quality for the price point. Though it is a temporary solution for me while I sort out a full bed cap.
I may do the same as a temporary thing as I've already spent way too much lately...

How do the roll up tonneaus handle a snow load?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I may do the same as a temporary thing as I've already spent way too much lately...

I've had two JTs both with factory roll up tonneau covers.
I bought in November 2019 so trough multiple winters - never a problem. They have bars across supporting them and once my very first one was replaced due to bad sag, they've been fine winter snow and ice, summer rain.
I've not had 6" of snow on them so can't talk to tall snow but the ice weighs a fair amount.

danimal2000

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I have spray in liner and love it. Got mopar roll up used from a forum member who switched to rack and rtt. The cover has been great, really like the look and functionality. Removes easily with 2 bolts. First winter it held snow just fine, probably 5 in of snow and ice. I've since been garage parked so I think it'll stay in pretty good shape for quite some time

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 96 Chevy 3500, 89 XJ (project)

I Georgia so can't attest to snow. It does fine in preventing water from pooling or leaking. I see others have cited the mopar one doing fine in snow. I would be a bit suspect of the one I got holding up to snow for multiple years as it only has 2 bars. But thats the tradeoff for the price, the mopar ones are admitedly nicer.

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
I run a DNA Motoring roll up tonneau that I bought from Amazon for about $150. I am very happy with the quality. It has multiple cross bars and comes with both rail clamps and anchors for use with the trail rail system (I know the ad says it's not compatible with the track system but it is). It keeps the bed dry even running it thru the car wash. I can't answer it's durability in snow I have only had the truck since July and it's garage kept. I know the cross bars will take the load, just not sure about the actual material.

My only con would be, is the elastic cords that hold it when rolled up. I suspect the longevity of those is questionable. I also figure if they break, I can slip a couple of velcro straps under the back rail and be good again.

For a soft, roll up tonneau, it's hard to beat at a $150 price point.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0825FDH6Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1
Sponsored