Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got my mirrors yesterday and the adapters arrived today. Went ahead and assembled Them and did a test fit. The instructions are extremely clear and made it a 5 minute job to install them. Fit is great, very happy with them. Shout out to @Thorn-Engineering for the quality work on these. I’m not usually a huge fan of tow mirrors, but these look good and the fact I can take them off when not needed sealed the deal.

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Rampage Adapters for JT/JL 7CDE6A0B-4019-4388-8E9D-88B65FB57376
Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Rampage Adapters for JT/JL 38F76C4F-0AC8-4872-80A2-D90BBDD8A91D
Sponsored

Last edited:

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
@Thorn-Engineering - Do you have any other photos or photos of the actual mirror view with a wide trailer? We are picking up our new trailer next month which has am 84" wide box (102" overall width) and this will be the first time needing mirrors.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
@Thorn-Engineering - Do you have any other photos or photos of the actual mirror view with a wide trailer? We are picking up our new trailer next month which has am 84" wide box (102" overall width) and this will be the first time needing mirrors.

Thanks!
Derek,

I pull a 101" wide two-place enclosed snowmobile trailer in the winter. It definitely helps see around and into other lanes. I don't have a pic of the mirrors with a trailer, but look at the picture below and notice the view between the two (2) mirrors.
Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Rampage Adapters for JT/JL Concept 5

I can tell you from pulling that trailer without tow mirrors (of any style), its a pain in the butt. Personally I feel it is an absolute requirement from a safety stand point.

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
Got my mirrors yesterday and the adapters arrived today. Went ahead and assembled Them and did a test fit. The instructions are extremely clear and made it a 5 minute job to install them. Fit is great, very happy with them. Shout out to @Thorn-Engineering for the quality work on these. I’m not a huge fan of tow mirrors, but these look good and the fact I can take them off when not needed sealed the deal.

Awesome! Thank you for the feedback. It is greatly appreciated and I absolutely love being able to provide my Gladiator (Jeep) family a simple solution! Good luck with your towing this summer!

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I haven't received my adaptors OR my mirrors, unfortunately. Come to think of it, I don't think I got a shipment notice on the mirrors at all.

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
I haven't received my adaptors OR my mirrors, unfortunately. Come to think of it, I don't think I got a shipment notice on the mirrors at all.
Carlos,

PM sent. We'll get things straightened out.

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
I ordered parts to make 25 kits this morning. I should have them around May 8th, at which time I will be making an E-bay post for them. If anyone would like a set before then, please let me know through PM and we can potentially work out a solution. Cost will be $30, plus tax (shipping included).
Take my money, hitting up your ebay link.

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)

Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Received my Mirrors today. Apparently the adapters are hung up some where in USPS. Hopefully they will get delivered early next week. This looks like the perfect set up for our trucks. I had bought another brand of mirror and just not feeling all warm and fuzzy about their attachment security.

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
Received my Mirrors today. Apparently the adapters are hung up some where in USPS. Hopefully they will get delivered early next week. This looks like the perfect set up for our trucks. I had bought another brand of mirror and just not feeling all warm and fuzzy about their attachment security.
Mkcagle, seems the USPS was enjoying the holiday weekend a little early. You're not the only one in the boat, which drives me nuts. I wish there was another option for shipment that was as simple and cost effective!

I may be biased, but this setup is far superior compared to other strap-on mirrors. Not to mention I think it looks "right". I had them on my Gladiator for almost a week straight during testing and found that I hardly noticed them. They are the right shape for our vehicles compared to oval/round alternative solutions.

Post some pictures when you get them!

Thanks again.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Mkcagle, seems the USPS was enjoying the holiday weekend a little early. You're not the only one in the boat, which drives me nuts. I wish there was another option for shipment that was as simple and cost effective!

I may be biased, but this setup is far superior compared to other strap-on mirrors. Not to mention I think it looks "right". I had them on my Gladiator for almost a week straight during testing and found that I hardly noticed them. They are the right shape for our vehicles compared to oval/round alternative solutions.

Post some pictures when you get them!

Thanks again.
It’s all good, late mail delivery has become the norm. They will probably show up Tuesday.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
There's still a chance mine could arrive today. But no plans to tow any day soon, so no big deal.

I'm just out of other things to add to/play with on the Jeep.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Great idea on the adapters. Now I have to spend more money on a great solution.
Not directed at the adapters but just about the mirrors. Do they vibrate or bounce much when moving? I hate it when mirrors have bounce in them and it about makes you sick looking in them.
Sponsored