Tow Mirrors

Hydro Blue in NM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiator
I'm still waiting on my adaptors. Hopefully tomorrow, since they are in town finally. The USPS lost them and then taking their sweet ass time delivering them.

Reactions: KVJ

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I used the tow mirror adapters for a 350 mi tow this past weekend. No vibrations, worked pretty good. Until day two, my passenger side fell off and I ran over the mirror set up with my trailer. Clearly the design and engineering of this is good, as the driver stayed on. I chalk this up to the fact that over night, before heading out again, I should have ensured tightness. Let my failure be your lesson.

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
I used the tow mirror adapters for a 350 mi tow this past weekend. No vibrations, worked pretty good. Until day two, my passenger side fell off and I ran over the mirror set up with my trailer. Clearly the design and engineering of this is good, as the driver stayed on. I chalk this up to the fact that over night, before heading out again, I should have ensured tightness. Let my failure be your lesson.
Scott,

Send me a PM and I'll gladly send you replacements for any damaged parts. There have been a few failures, so the design has been updated/improved on the hook side of things. Failures have been mainly from over tightening, but also some weak points in the printing process, therefore the update. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again.

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Seems a clever Jeep Engineer could design a system with slots or something to add a mirror like that but without Velcro :roll eyes:
No it seems that a clever Jeep Engineer designing a best in class towing vehicle would have designed mirrors that you could tow with.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
No it seems that a clever Jeep Engineer designing a best in class towing vehicle would have designed mirrors that you could tow with.
But then they wouldn't be parts bin mirrors from the Wrangler.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
But then they wouldn't be parts bin mirrors from the Wrangler.

Or attach them to the A Pillar for when the doors are removed. The mirrors on this were pure lazieness though. How did they not change this during testing pulling 7600lbs monstrosities around....

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Jeep might be thinking we should not use 8' wide trailers. However, I would like to see mirrors like on my Ram that don't stick out far until you swing them out.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
definitely a week point of the overall engineering on this truck...you would think that with all the 3D printers out there that someone would prototype a replacement and start marketing for production….maybe they are in testing, maybe not.....just like the brake control, and some aftermarket rack manufacturers that have yet to provide a product since 2019 SEMA, lol

Sponsored

PapaPierogi73

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Military
This thread was helpful! I ended up with the rampage+ thorn engineering addon+ YASOKO Adjustable 360 Degree Rotation Wide Angle Side Rear Mirrors Blind Spot Snap Way Rearview Mirror. About to tow my 21 ft 8 ft wide trailer to Yellowstone in a week. Will report back if the blind spot mirror will make the journey.
Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors 61C580AB-F5FF-4E64-9C36-BCBD7901C308
Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors 1B249954-B062-46C9-B9EB-033F68CB38AF

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Those look like a nice addition. I will be interested in what you think of them. Also let us know the width that your trail is, since we will all have the same mirror span it may effect those with wider or narrower trailers. Thanks
@PapaPierogi73

PapaPierogi73

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Military
Those look like a nice addition. I will be interested in what you think of them. Also let us know the width that your trail is, since we will all have the same mirror span it may effect those with wider or narrower trailers. Thanks
@PapaPierogi73
I did in the post but I will say again 8ft wide lol

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
This thread was helpful! I ended up with the rampage+ thorn engineering addon+ YASOKO Adjustable 360 Degree Rotation Wide Angle Side Rear Mirrors Blind Spot Snap Way Rearview Mirror. About to tow my 21 ft 8 ft wide trailer to Yellowstone in a week. Will report back if the blind spot mirror will make the journey.
can you put these on the side of the mirrors vs the underside? That extra little outward viewing might make a big difference

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Thanks @PapaPierogi73 I read it Sunday and came back just to remind you about updating us. As you can see more than just me want your feedback.
Sponsored