First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
This has probably been talked about here on this forum already. I have a 2020 gladiator and I’m trying to find a wiring kit so I can pull it behind my motorhome. I have a seven pin connector on my motorhome. The dealership does not offer a tow wiring kit for the gladiators yet. I had one for my 2016 Jeep Wrangler, it was plug and play. Has somebody out there figured out a way of wiring up so you have brake and turn signals? A photograph or wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated or even a video would be nice.
Sponsored

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
Check out Vehicle Tow Bar Wiring on etrailer.com. They have applications for the Gladiator.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I also had a 2016 Wrangler that I flat towed. I used the Hopkins plug and play kit. Easy, but not available for the JL or Gladiator at this time.
I just ordered the Cool Tech harness. It comes with an isolation switch, but I'm going to have to splice wires. It is all done at the passenger side door opening, so at least I don't have to run wires all the way to the back of the Gladiator.
A friend of mine just ordered the Roadmaster diode kit for his Gladiator, which also requires wire splicing. We will see which one is easier/works better when we get them installed.

OP
OP

Theo

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I have called aftermarket companies for wiring kits Hopkins was one curt was the other one. I definitely do not want to cut and splice wires on this jeep if I do not have to.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I have called aftermarket companies for wiring kits Hopkins was one curt was the other one. I definitely do not want to cut and splice wires on this jeep if I do not have to.
I didn't want to either. I have been waiting for the Hopkins kit to come available. It was so easy by just plugging in to the tail light outlets. But, I got tired of waiting. The Cooltech system looked like the best and easiest to install vs the Roadmaster or Mopar.

Sponsored

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
One of the guys on the RV forum said he bought the JL kit and extended the wiring to use on the JT. I can't seem to find the post right, but it was on the RVNet forum. I love my jeep kit in the JT and will most likely wait to find something similar for mine. Then again I know Jeep realizes tons of people tow the JL/JK but probably figured no one would tow the JT.

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
One of the guys on the RV forum said he bought the JL kit and extended the wiring to use on the JT. I can't seem to find the post right, but it was on the RVNet forum. I love my jeep kit in the JT and will most likely wait to find something similar for mine. Then again I know Jeep realizes tons of people tow the JL/JK but probably figured no one would tow the JT.
I’ve been looking to do the same but it looks like Hopkins has the same kit for both JL and JT now. I’m having a hard time trying to find the part # for the older JL harness now.

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
I’ve been looking to do the same but it looks like Hopkins has the same kit for both JL and JT now. I’m having a hard time trying to find the part # for the older JL harness now.
Check with Hopkins first but when I bought my wiring kit the p/n was 53210. Don’t confuse that with the kit from Curt with the same part number.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Check with Hopkins first but when I bought my wiring kit the p/n was 53210. Don’t confuse that with the kit from Curt with the same part number.
It's the Hopkins kit #56210 that is/was for the 18-20 Wranglers and 20 Gladiators. It is still "no longer available".
I wonder if customers were having problems with it?

Sponsored

tncruiser

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram truck
Occupation
retiered
This has probably been talked about here on this forum already. I have a 2020 gladiator and I’m trying to find a wiring kit so I can pull it behind my motorhome. I have a seven pin connector on my motorhome. The dealership does not offer a tow wiring kit for the gladiators yet. I had one for my 2016 Jeep Wrangler, it was plug and play. Has somebody out there figured out a way of wiring up so you have brake and turn signals? A photograph or wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated or even a video would be nice.
I use magnetic tow light . NO connection to the Jeeps wiring , so no chance of interfering with the computer system , while the diode kits are tested and safe , I would not trust fiat to honor the warranty if an electrical malfunction occurred , The other plus is the cost. I have toad a 2010 wrangler,2011 wrangler,a 2012 explorer ,a 2016 explorer and now a 2020 gladiator all with magnetic tow lamps
brianj

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I use magnetic tow light . NO connection to the Jeeps wiring , so no chance of interfering with the computer system , while the diode kits are tested and safe , I would not trust fiat to honor the warranty if an electrical malfunction occurred , The other plus is the cost. I have toad a 2010 wrangler,2011 wrangler,a 2012 explorer ,a 2016 explorer and now a 2020 gladiator all with magnetic tow lamps
brianj
I am interested in where you stick your magnetic tow lights on your Gladiator? I was looking for a good place just in case I don't get my Cooltech kit installed in time. I have an old magnetic light set from my old TJ.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Cooltech kit installed. What a great complete kit. I like the switch that separates RV input from Jeep input to the taillights. I was nervous about cutting wires. Once I cut the first one, the next three were easy! The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. Someone made a video of their install too, which I watched. Everything works great. I had to mount the plug and breakaway on top of the bumper to avoid certain death.
cooltech 1.jpg

cooltech 2.jpg

AJinsag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Distillery Owner
Until the Hopkins plug and play kit becomes available again (i do not want to splice wires)- can anyone tell me / show me either wireless or wired magnetic tow lights they use and where they attach them to the Gladiator?
Sponsored