FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
Has anyone traded at Gupton. I got an email from Renee and in the document it says they do take trade ins but don't quote until 2 weeks prior to delivery. Anyone know how there trade value's compare to the local dealerships?
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Is your state one that reduces taxable sales price by trade in value? If not, you have the freedom to sell it anywhere. I've had great luck with KBB instant cash value. Others have had luck with carvana and the like.

If your state does reduce taxable sales price by trade in value, then it's only slightly more complicated. See what you can get elsewhere, and if guptons price plus your sales tax doesn't beat it, sell it anywhere you want.

OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
Looking specifically for anyone who has traded at Gupton. Wanted to see if their trade in values match the regular dealerships or if because they sell em cheap, their trade in values are also low. Don't need help with selling it, I am fully aware of what values they are offering here locally.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Looking specifically for anyone who has traded at Gupton. Wanted to see if their trade in values match the regular dealerships or if because they sell em cheap, their trade in values are also low. Don't need help with selling it, I am fully aware of what values they are offering here locally.
Good question. I’d be interested in this answer as well as I’m entertaining placing an order with Gupton.

ryandoubleu

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Project Engineer
I traded in my F-150 at Gupton in April 2021. They had initially low-balled me when I first put in my order. I did some research on KBB and got quotes from Carvana and Vroom which were both much higher than Gupton. I was able to get Gupton to come up based on the quotes. They will act like they don’t really want a trade in but I think it’s more of a ploy to give you less.

Sponsored

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
My 2 cents worth: my original plan was to order a gladiator from grupton, after not hearing from them for months. I decided not worth the hassle to order.

I found one from local dealership which is only 3 hrs drive. After factored in the trade in and sales tax savings, and $6500 off on the new gladiator, i don't save much from grupton deal. An order from grupton means additional travel cost and time which is a wash.

This used car high price trade in will not last. If any of you decided to wait, you may not come out ahead by the time your gladiator is built!

OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
My 2 cents worth: my original plan was to order a gladiator from grupton, after not hearing from them for months. I decided not worth the hassle to order.

I found one from local dealership which is only 3 hrs drive. After factored in the trade in and sales tax savings, and $6500 off on the new gladiator, i don't save much from grupton deal. An order from grupton means additional travel cost and time which is a wash.

This used car high price trade in will not last. If any of you decided to wait, you may not come out ahead by the time your gladiator is built!
Not sure where you found 6500 off but around here not happening as availability is way down. In fact the place I got my max tow from now has price adjustments adding over msrp. lol But glad you were able to get one at a great price.

I actually did what you did the first time. This time I want a specificly built one for what I need. For example I want a mojave in earl gray with a soft top, auto trans and LED pack only. Very tough to find one of those laying around.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Not sure where you found 6500 off but around here not happening as availability is way down. In fact the place I got my max tow from now has price adjustments adding over msrp. lol But glad you were able to get one at a great price.

I actually did what you did the first time. This time I want a specificly built one for what I need. For example I want a mojave in earl gray with a soft top, auto trans and LED pack only. Very tough to find one of those laying around.
Not 100% sure the guy you're talking to knows exactly what he's talking about. 6,500 off a gladiator is a TON of savings and he's brushing it off like "well it's not as good as the gupton deal, but with trade and travel it works out the same"

$6500 off a gladiator like mine (msrp 52915) works out to slightly less than 8% under invoice. (8% under would be -6582). So unless this guy bought an absolutely loaded 80k JTRD with dual doors and dual tops, the idea that $6500 off is a worse discount than the gupton deal doens't really jive... The "not sure he understands what he's talking about continue when he mentions losing trade-in tax savings... which doesn't make any sense. if you trade in with gupton, you don't lose your trade-in tax savings.
Sponsored