First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
+1 to my conspiracy theory then LOL It does not make any sense limiting that feature just because of a manual and a 4k tow rating vs the 7650 or 7k depending on how its equipped and trim level for the max rating but it is a theory none the less.
I did get the feature to work on a manual in the dealer lot when we were doing a test drive. The first time I drove it, the + button just beeped, but the second test drive, it did work. There seems to be some magic combination (being in reverse, etc.) that makes it work, but I haven't found the sequence yet on mine.
Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I did get the feature to work on a manual in the dealer lot when we were doing a test drive. The first time I drove it, the + button just beeped, but the second test drive, it did work. There seems to be some magic combination (being in reverse, etc.) that makes it work, but I haven't found the sequence yet on mine.
:movember: ↑,↑,↓,↓,←,→,←,→, B,A,B,A, select, Start??

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I have a manual Sport S with the basic 5" screen and the tow package. The trailer zoom button has worked for me a few times and has failed a few times, about a 50/50 chance when I push the zoom button.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 JLUR
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
Several people are reporting this issue @JeepCares It seems to be happening to manual transmissions only (no automatic owner has reported any similar issue yet). My Rubicon is a manual with the 8.4 display and tow package but my trailer zoom function has never worked. Today I went and tested 2 other Gladiator manuals brand new on the lot with tow packages and they have the same exact issue. What would be the process to get Jeep to start investigating this issue with unsold Gladiators still sitting on lots out there before we all start filling up service departments without a known fix yet?

Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Several people are reporting this issue @JeepCares It seems to be happening to manual transmissions only (no automatic owner has reported any similar issue yet). My Rubicon is a manual with the 8.4 display and tow package but my trailer zoom function has never worked. Today I went and tested 2 other Gladiator manuals brand new on the lot with tow packages and they have the same exact issue. What would be the process to get Jeep to start investigating this issue with unsold Gladiators still sitting on lots out there before we all start filling up service departments without a known fix yet?
Exactly this! no point in all of us rushing off to the service depts at this point. This is clearly a widespread issue and should be assigned to someone to find out how/why and what needs to be done to fix it.

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly this! no point in all of us rushing off to the service depts at this point. This is clearly a widespread issue and should be assigned to someone to find out how/why and what needs to be done to fix it.
I am in Jacksonville for work right now but I made a service appointment for Saturday. At least we can get some documentation on this issue for Jeep to have for others and if they fix mine at least we will know there is a way forward. Will let you all know what comes of it.

mcwayne18

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Alison
JeepCares
I believe this is an issue that affects many manuals. Mine doesn't work, and I know of others with manuals who have this problem.

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe this is an issue that affects many manuals. Mine doesn't work, and I know of others with manuals who have this problem.
Agreed! So far between this forum and Facebook groups I am up to 19 individuals that have a non working zoom. All of which are manuals with tow package. All automatic owners have reported no issues. Out of those 19 folks, 2 have said it works intermittently. Others reported the zoom button is greyed out some times, and white (able to be pressed but no zoom function) other times. Mine has never worked (purchased 2 weeks ago) and I have checked two unsold dealership Gladiator manuals that also do not work. I verified an automatic on the same lot did not have any issue.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I am in Jacksonville for work right now but I made a service appointment for Saturday. At least we can get some documentation on this issue for Jeep to have for others and if they fix mine at least we will know there is a way forward. Will let you all know what comes of it.
Paladin_JTR- That sounds good. Please let me know if you need anything between now and your appointment.

mcwayne18- I would be happy to assist you. Have you seen your dealer for this concern?

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: no news yet, my Jeep has been in for service and the issue was documented. My Gladiator cooperated while I was there and actually duplicated the issue where the button was white and ready to press one time. Then after a restart the button was grayed out. He did a few things to it and tried to see if he could get something out of it (uncertain what he tried exactly) but nothing worked in the end. The tech and I looked at an auto which worked fine and an unsold manual that was on the lot which also did not work.

If I get any correspondence back I will update the thread again.

JT-NOOB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Add me to the list. And as for the JeepCares suggestion to take this to the dealer...Just Stop. That's not helping the customer, the dealership, or FCA. Call your boss, your father, or whoever you know that has some actual authority to do things, and get the process going to resolve this oversight.

Please.

mcwayne18

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I see now on the Jeep build feature on the website, it says zoom not available with uconnect 8.4 and manual transmission configuration. It never said that before, so FCA must know.
Add me to the list. And as for the JeepCares suggestion to take this to the dealer...Just Stop. That's not helping the customer, the dealership, or FCA. Call your boss, your father, or whoever you know that has some actual authority to do things, and get the process going to resolve this oversight.

Please.