Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hello,

sport
4.88 + lockers
35's

I'm really enjoying crawling with the gladiator and wondering if the rubi t-case is a good idea for me get an even lower gear ratio while... still being able to drive highway in 6th gear at 80 MPH below 3,500 rpms (secondary oil pump). After my regear, it's improved my crawling quite a bit however... there are times i will still stall and i don't want to slip the clutch as much (sometimes i wish i went auto)...

Any input or advise would be great.

Jeep Gladiator Transfer Case 6speed manual? 255251025_214027567478553_1921790854073373494_n
Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
It will be a huge upgrade in low speed crawling. The amount of control and less stalling is amazing. With 4-1 it would probably idle up most rocks.

I would Call Advanced Adapters and see what products they might have on the horizon. A bolt in 3 speed atlas would be unbelievable. But if you find a rubi case for the right price jump on it.

. My last truck I had a doubler with about 2.57-1 in each case. So I had standard 4 low and then compound low with a bit over 6-1. It was awesome and the best mod I ever did (despite liquifying front axle shafts if I used more than 10% throttle.) I could ease off the clutch into a tree and all 4 tires would spin in place without stalling.

OP
OP
Food2000

Food2000

First Name
vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
It will be a huge upgrade in low speed crawling. The amount of control and less stalling is amazing. With 4-1 it would probably idle up most rocks.

I would Call Advanced Adapters and see what products they might have on the horizon. A bolt in 3 speed atlas would be unbelievable. But if you find a rubi case for the right price jump on it.

. My last truck I had a doubler with about 2.57-1 in each case. So I had standard 4 low and then compound low with a bit over 6-1. It was awesome and the best mod I ever did (despite liquifying front axle shafts if I used more than 10% throttle.) I could ease off the clutch into a tree and all 4 tires would spin in place without stalling.
Thanks for the information.

My understanding (i may be wrong) is i have 2.72:1 tcase and 4:1 crawl ratio only affects the 4 lo?

I think.. i'd like to do the transfer case for my next mod as... some obstacles... just kills me having to clutch + brake while my spotter catches up on the next signal (hope that makes sense).

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Your exactly right. It will only change your anti stall in 4low no difference on highway. The rubi 4-1 case will be a decent jump in making things easier and probably more noticeable off-road than your differential gears. The jeep (TJ) iv driven with 4.88s and 35s and 4-1 case was low enough it would hardly stall on any incline. Can idle over most Mellon sized rocks.

While it’s a huge jump it’s not quite over the 100-1 final crawl ratio.

If you watch this video it’s in the ballpark as gladiator. Yes not exact but the first would be comparable to a stock case. 2nd is a bit better than a rubi case and 3rd would be like a 10-1 atlas.

comparisons start around 6 minutes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Food2000

Food2000

First Name
vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Good to know about the re program, i do have a flash cal device i used for the regear. Looks like it can adjust 2.72 - 5.00.

OP
OP
Food2000

Food2000

First Name
vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I've been digging around a bit for a T-case and a few new questions:

- Auto Vs manual Tcase: Does it matter, i believe on the Jk's the tcase is the same but input shafts had different lengths?

Anyone know if it's a simple bolt-up rubicon auto ----> manual sport?

Looks like finding a rubicon take off or refurbish might be my route... OR an Atlas but... $1,000 - 1,500 seems like a good route for the 4:1 :)

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I don't have any significant contribution but am in the same boat and intrigued by what you may find out. Following.

Joe Dillard

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Any input or advise would be great.
Being a 35+ year San Diego resident, SoCal desert crawler, I can understand your desire to get a better crawl ratio. My playground for many years was Johnson Valley/Hammers trails, which I built my YJ for.

You are going to want to take a look at the tech data here in these links to help get you up to speed on a Rubi Tcase. You won't find everything but it's a great start.

You could call Vic Carroll to see what he may offer for advice.

5) New Venture 241OR ROCTRAC | Tech Vault | Advance Adapters

6) Rubicrawler | Tech Vault | Advance Adapters
Sponsored