First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Xterra (soon to purchase gladiator)
Occupation
Chemist
I’ve ran into what seems like conflicting information around the Tread Lightly rebate program.
There was a dealer advertising a great price on a Gladiator North Edition in KC . It advertised a dealership discount, employee pricing for all, and a Bonus Cash totaling 11303 off msrp.
We emailed over a couple days, I told them I was interested in the jeep, would drive up on the 30th, and that I had the tread lightly affiliate code and wanted to use it, but wanted to know what the out the door final price would be with all those and dealer fees and everything before I did cause It’s a 2 hour drive and I don’t want to risk getting the ‘rona from a gas station on I-70, driving 4hours total, and to find out I don’t qualify for something.
They said they understood, could do 5% below invoice with my tread lightly.... then... quoted me a price that was $6,000 higher than the advertised price?
Several emails went back and forth that eventually ended with a phone call where the dealer said that I could either use Tread Lightly and get 5% below invoice or use the employee pricing for all... which is 5% below invoice, and that I didn’t qualify for “dealer discount” because I wasn’t military, realitors, etc, etc.

A gladiator is Going to be my first time buying a car from a dealership, all my past purchases were from private sellers. Is this normal? I though the tread lightly could be combined with other offers.

Was the dealership jerking me around? Are the three programs in the title independent of eachother? Does the tread lightly combine with only certain types of offers?
Sponsored

captanzuelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
They probably also have a couple thousand dollars of "dealer add ons" they tack onto that advertised price. Good thing you asked for the OTD before driving out there

Brave

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Yup. Unless tax is just crazy high there. I would hit them back with an OTD cost of 1-2k lower then the advertised deal and move on. They may call you at the end of next month if selling continues to slow.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Was the dealership jerking me around? Are the three programs in the title independent of eachother? Does the tread lightly combine with only certain types of offers?
Don't know anything about your specifics, but it is common for dealers to apply every possible discount to their internet price to lure you in the door.

OP
OP

guittarmaster

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chemist
Does anyone know if using a tread lightly affiliate rebate makes you ineligible to stack with the employee pricing discount or friends and family discount or other discounts?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Does anyone know if using a tread lightly affiliate rebate makes you ineligible to stack with the employee pricing discount or friends and family discount or other discounts?
Work with one of the forum sponsor dealers that is closest to you to get a quote with all applicable rebates... they will tell you what you are eligible for. then take that quote to your local dealer for best effort from them. If you get a good deal from a sponsor dealer it will be worth your while to travel to pick it up. It’s your money so you have to do what’s right for you.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
can't use tread lightly with employee pricing.

OP
OP

guittarmaster

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chemist
can't use tread lightly with employee pricing.
That’s wha I’ve been told too. :( Thanks for the reply. Maybe this will help some people. Doesn’t seems to be much point in the tread lightly affiliate rebate with employee plus pricing. I can’t even seem to be able to use the $500 bonus cash.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
That’s wha I’ve been told too. :( Thanks for the reply. Maybe this will help some people. Doesn’t seems to be much point in the tread lightly affiliate rebate with employee plus pricing. I can’t even seem to be able to use the $500 bonus cash.
If there wasn't employee pricing, then having tread lightly is a good thing.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
As above, try other dealers. Some will deal, others want to steal. I use jeep.com and check inventory, changing my zip code if needed to peruse other locations for a unit with my minimum required options.
Sponsored