Trying to decide between Goodyear Duratrac and Falken AT3/W

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My big concern is the weight difference and how much I would notice this with my Rubicon. Duratrac is 60lbs and Falken is 73lbs. Probably going with warn diamond cutters coming in at at 26lbs
Sponsored

1968Cutlass

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
My big concern is the weight difference and how much I would notice this with my Rubicon. Duratrac is 60lbs and Falken is 73lbs. Probably going with warn diamond cutters coming in at at 26lbs
I am not the smartest guy in the world.

but I have a Mojave with the stock Falken Wildpeak M/T mud tires, and love ‘em. GREAT in the mud and snow, incredibly quiet on the road, with good feel and handling. My two cents...

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Im on AT3W and happy with them. Quiet, good road manners, was fine in the snow recently That said, i think the duratrac is a better tire imo; especially in snow....but that could be just because i have lots of time on a duratrac and only a couple thousand miles on these falkens.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I haven't had my Wildpeaks for very long, but I did run a Duratrac for almost 7 years and I absolutely loved them. But have the "snowflake" rating, and both seem to perform really well. I've tested both in snow and ice, and they seem to perform equally to me. Definitely a tough choice!

OP
OP

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Wildpeaks are very popular here in Alaska, but I wonder if that is because of the price difference? Like I said though my concern is the weight difference the 35” wildpeaks weight about the same as a 37” tire

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Falkens have the reputation for much stronger sidewalls. In 33", the 255-80 AT3W are about 52 lb vs. 63 for the Rubi size.

rpres62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave

but I have a Mojave with the stock Falken Wildpeak M/T mud tires, and love ‘em. GREAT in the mud and snow, incredibly quiet on the road, with good feel and handling. My two cents...
duratracs get very noisy as the wear.

rpres62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave

I like my falken at3 too, quite and great ice/snow…. Michigan.

Clarkk

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Zoologist
When it comes to the dry category, Falken Wildpeak and Goodyear Duratrac showcase a marginal variance, but every detail counts. Falken takes the lead with its swift response, offering an edge in dry conditions. Transitioning to the wet category, Falken once again surpasses Duratrac, boasting a reduced wet braking distance. These nuances make Falken a strong contender for diverse road conditions.

Last edited:

IdahoRubicon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Once Duratracs get close to 50% wear they absolutely suck in the snow and ice. The Falkens at least remain pretty good.
Sponsored