Sponsored

Trying to learn more about the Texas Trail edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom... looking at a Gladiator...
He just might say "That was 2021, this is 2022" and argue it too.
LOL. See... even this loser had to make fun of a person who posts when they learn something new. That's pretty sad... hopefully you don't have kids.
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Cool. So you're saying that the 2022 TT doesn't come with all the things listed here:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/attachments/gladiator-10-8-21-pdf.189791/

???
No, I never did. I said you can get all those things except the TT badging on a Sport S. Re-read everything, you'll see that's what's been said this whole time.

You need to realize that the "package contents" grid you're looking at is not a "restricted to" grid. You can add other packages. Just like you found out with your Freedom, you can get either a pre-packaged selection or you can add your own packages. They're still available.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Where I get confused (doesn’t take much), is when you are on a build and price of a manufacturer website. Doesn’t take into account of the common options in different packages, yet calculates full pricing with duplicate items.
Now to get more accurate details, I go to the dealer who brings up the actual build sheet and we both look at the screen and see what is real.
in Canada, you can not get the poutine maker AND the maple syrup dispenser together. Ridiculous.😱

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I never did. I said you can get all those things except the TT badging on a Sport S. Re-read everything, you'll see that's what's been said this whole time.

You need to realize that the "package contents" grid you're looking at is not a "restricted to" grid. You can add other packages. Just like you found out with your Freedom, you can get either a pre-packaged selection or you can add your own packages. They're still available.
Then why would you pay MORE for a SS with the same options you get on a TT? What is the point?

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where I get confused (doesn’t take much), is when you are on a build and price of a manufacturer website. Doesn’t take into account of the common options in different packages, yet calculates full pricing with duplicate items.
Now to get more accurate details, I go to the dealer who brings up the actual build sheet and we both look at the screen and see what is real.
in Canada, you can not get the poutine maker AND the maple syrup dispenser together. Ridiculous.😱

I find the build sheets that get posted here are very helpful... but you definitely need to spread them out and ratchet down the numbers. They don't make it nearly as easy as it could be.

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
LOL. Actually, I didn't know it was only for people in Texas at the beginning. Then I read it and learned. That's the difference between people like you and people like me. You can't admit when you are wrong so you keep making the same mistake over and over and over... I'd wager you have your mask on good and tight - maybe two of them. LOL. That's who you are. That's fine, but why pollute a post where a person is trying to learn with incorrect information? You're useless. Let's just call it like it is. ;)
OP:
Jeep Gladiator Trying to learn more about the Texas Trail edition. 1635005967627

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then why would you pay MORE for a SS with the same options you get on a TT? What is the point?
Who said it was more, or less, or anything? What are the numbers? You've never mentioned that before, at all. You've been arguing that they are completely different vehicles.

I assume that you changing the subject here means you've admitted we are correct and are now moving on to comparing like models costs.

EDIT: If you are unfamiliar with how factory option packaging works, or the merits of economies of scale, then I suggest you read up on that if you want to argue why x package costs less than y+z packages if the net desired result is the same. Popular equipment packages exist for exactly those reasons.

Last edited:
OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who said it was more, or less, or anything? What are the numbers? You've never mentioned that before, at all. You've been arguing that they are completely different vehicles.

I assume that you changing the subject here means you've admitted we are correct and are now moving on to comparing like models costs.

EDIT: If you are unfamiliar with how factory option packaging works, or the merits of economies of scale, then I suggest you read up on that if you want to argue why x package costs less than y+z packages if the net desired result is the same. Popular equipment packages exist for exactly those reasons.

With your logic then there shouldn't be any model except for an SS upon which you could add to. But you still fail to interject the economies that you evade.

The exact reason why a person would buy a Freedom, Willy, whatever is because those vehicles have the options they want at a value that is preferable than just doing an outfitted SS.

Hence why the mis-information posted by those you support is an issue.

It all comes back to: if you don't know, don't act like you do.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
With your logic then there shouldn't be any model except for an SS upon which you could add to. But you still fail to interject the economies that you evade.

The exact reason why a person would buy a Freedom, Willy, whatever is because those vehicles have the options they want at a value that is preferable than just doing an outfitted SS.

If you look at the window sticker, you'll see that the Willys, Freedom, and most other "trims" are indeed are Sport models with added packages. My 75th anniversary JK is technically a Sahara with The 75th package added too. This is the way jeep does things. The Rubicon and Mojave are the only exceptions on Gladiators, I believe.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That's not how any of this works here. At all.

What "economies" did I "evade"? I didn't even mention any! I said a broad term and you latched on as though it was a justification of anything? This sentence:
But you still fail to interject the economies that you evade.
is a non-sensical mashup of buzzwords that ultimately is meaningless. Come on man...

If a package meets your needs, then of course you buy it. That doesn't mean you can't get the same features in other packages or by using other routes. That's how it works. They package a Sport S with certain features and billed it as a Willys or Freedom or Texas Trail. Still a Sport S with preferred packages.

The only misinformation being perpetuated here is your ignorance to all the information being given to you. There are major trim levels, and then minor packages of each. You are arguing that a minor package means it is not the major trim it is part of. We've established already that isn't true.

Can you get the same features of a Freedom without the Freedom badge? Absolutely! It's called a Sport S. Same for the Willys. So why are you saying otherwise with the Texas Trail? Just stop.

I agree. So please stop acting like you do when clearly, you do not.

We've tried to help. You had a preconception that was false and have been unwilling to understand that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
LOL. Actually, I didn't know it was only for people in Texas at the beginning. Then I read it and learned. That's the difference between people like you and people like me. You can't admit when you are wrong so you keep making the same mistake over and over and over... I'd wager you have your mask on good and tight - maybe two of them. LOL. That's who you are. That's fine, but why pollute a post where a person is trying to learn with incorrect information? You're useless. Let's just call it like it is. ;)
LMAO wow!!!

You have continually spouted off that I gave wrong information. Sue me I left out the technology package at first and then corrected myself when I realized I forgot it. You were not exactly clear what part of the order guide you were reading in the first place. So none of us really knew what you already understood and didn't. Nothing I gave you was wrong information. Not one little bit. Nor was anyone else's information. And in all honesty I regret wasting my time trying to help you in the first place. You are an ungrateful little twit that thinks throwing around some lame ass political references at people makes you look cool. But everyone sees right through you. You got called out and now are trying to save face. You can't accept the fact that the people who were trying to help you were right and you just don't want to admit it.

Go shop for a Honda Ridgeline or Hyundai Santa Cruz. It would probably fit you better.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can't say all this and then berate the people who answered your questions. Watch the progression from "I don't know" to "None of you know" and finally to personal attacks.

I'm going to need to study it more closely.
... Not sure about that.
I didn't think a Jeep Forum would have such delicate-types. LOL.
Step back. You don't know. It's OK.
I'm not sure what the disdain is for the TT unless it's because you live in one of those States like New Jersey or New York. But... hey... don't be blue. ;) LOL
I was being nice - but let's be honest. You're a snowflake. You didn't know something, someone corrected you and now you're all ruffled.

I'd wager you're with Brandon. God Bless. Putz.
Holy crap... you people are certainly a unique breed. I hope owning one of these vehicles doesn't send a signal like a Subaru or a Prius does.
THAT is why I'm still on this thread. Not to argue with a Brandon type. LOL.
I'd wager you have your mask on good and tight - maybe two of them. LOL. That's who you are. That's fine, but why pollute a post where a person is trying to learn with incorrect information? You're useless. Let's just call it like it is. ;)
LOL. See... even this loser had to make fun of a person who posts when they learn something new. That's pretty sad... hopefully you don't have kids.
Attacking people when they try to help and insulting them when they point out your inaccuracies doesn't work. You started the fire. I think some introspection is required on OP's part here.

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you look at the window sticker, you'll see that the Willys, Freedom, and most other "trims" are indeed are Sport models with added packages. My 75th anniversary JK is technically a Sahara with The 75th package added too. This is the way jeep does things. The Rubicon and Mojave are the only exceptions on Gladiators, I believe.

Agree 100%. But what is the point of ordering a SS with the same options as a Freedom if the Freedom comes out to be less money and offer MORE options?

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can't say all this and then berate the people who answered your questions. Watch the progression from "I don't know" to "None of you know" and finally to personal attacks.

Attacking people when they try to help and insulting them when they point out your inaccuracies doesn't work. You started the fire. I think some introspection is required on OP's part here.

Best answer: Who cares?

Be serious. If some says the wrong thing 10 times and I point it out 10 times, who cares?

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LMAO wow!!!

You have continually spouted off that I gave wrong information. Sue me I left out the technology package at first and then corrected myself when I realized I forgot it. You were not exactly clear what part of the order guide you were reading in the first place. So none of us really knew what you already understood and didn't. Nothing I gave you was wrong information. Not one little bit. Nor was anyone else's information. And in all honesty I regret wasting my time trying to help you in the first place. You are an ungrateful little twit that thinks throwing around some lame ass political references at people makes you look cool. But everyone sees right through you. You got called out and now are trying to save face. You can't accept the fact that the people who were trying to help you were right and you just don't want to admit it.

Go shop for a Honda Ridgeline or Hyundai Santa Cruz. It would probably fit you better.

So, answer the question:

If you can buy a Freedom for less money than an equally equip SS... why would you?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.