Sponsored

tubular lightbars in a world of cookie cutter brackets.

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
I'm looking for a tubular light bar that I can mount round lights on over the windshield. Honestly I'm looking for something similar to what I had on my JK but all I seem to find are brackets for LED Lightbars which I don't want.
This one was a Rugged Ridge which I loved. I reached out to them but they still don't have anything similar for the JL/JT. Are there any other similar products out there?
Jeep Gladiator tubular lightbars in a world of cookie cutter brackets. 20201210_172851
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
KC Hilites had something similar, it was around $1900, but I think the website now shows it as discontinued.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
I'm looking for a tubular light bar that I can mount round lights on over the windshield. Honestly I'm looking for something similar to what I had on my JK but all I seem to find are brackets for LED Lightbars which I don't want.
This one was a Rugged Ridge which I loved. I reached out to them but they still don't have anything similar for the JL/JT. Are there any other similar products out there?
Jeep Gladiator tubular lightbars in a world of cookie cutter brackets. 20201210_172851
That would look legit on my Mojave.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Are those lights Nilights?
Better believe it. lets just say I was on a budget but they worked out beautifully. I get there are more expensive options out there but I never had a problem with these. One or two of the diodes might go out but it still threw out a great light and if it got too bad, you just replace it. The price has gone up significantly on these since I built mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
KC Hilites had something similar, it was around $1900, but I think the website now shows it as discontinued.
Yeah I saw that, not a snowball chance in hell I'm spending that much money for a lightbar. And if I recall, the bar its self was brackets and not tubular which is what I'm going after.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
You're in Houston. Most certainly there is a shop there that could fabricate the bracket for you. Indeed, my daughter lived there the past eight years and raved about the DIY businesses that offered all kinds of advanced fabrication, machining and welding gear. If that's beyond your skill level, maybe check with one and see if someone there is interested in working up your project.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Not the answer you are looking for take a deep breath before you go here lol:

https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-front-pro-hoop-with-handles.html

then get tube light mounts x 4 or 5........

The funny thing is that I was actually looking at the Metal Cloak Pro front hoop and would even consider them as there doesn't seem to be many option on the market right now except I am not at all a fan of the contraption at the base of it. It reminds me of those overly aggressive sun visor and grill combos that people put on the JKs to make it look like some overly armored dystopian future rig.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You're in Houston. Most certainly there is a shop there that could fabricate the bracket for you. Indeed, my daughter lived there the past eight years and raved about the DIY businesses that offered all kinds of advanced fabrication, machining and welding gear. If that's beyond your skill level, maybe check with one and see if someone there is interested in working up your project.
This is not out of the question and I'll admit I haven't considered it. While I think its well out of my level It could be fun to work with a shop in designing a bracket. I'm sure it would interest them to know they could be the first on the market to develop one.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
How about this?? You may have to do some modification....but I'm guessing it's a very close fit and more in line with your budget and taste....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rugged-Rid...-/133458677102?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
These are really similar to what I had (minus the brackets for a very specific model proprietary light set.) I have gone so far as to reach out to Rugged ridge and enquire about them (the model that you posted). They actually responded saying "Not that exact design but we are working on a couple different options. Yes we will have something soon". This was back in November and it gives me hope.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
The funny thing is that I was actually looking at the Metal Cloak Pro front hoop and would even consider them as there doesn't seem to be many option on the market right now except I am not at all a fan of the contraption at the base of it. It reminds me of those overly aggressive sun visor and grill combos that people put on the JKs to make it look like some overly armored dystopian future rig.
that contraption is $230.00 more lol.....
Sponsored