First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I know there are quite a few issues with apple car play system and i was wondering if anyone has encountered this. When connected to car play and playing music from the Apple Music app the volume only gets louder when turning the volume knob up to 28. When turning the volume from 28-35 which is the max there is absolutely no change in volume. When the top is on and windows closed it is not a big deal as i dont need it as loud as 28 but with the windows open or the freedom panels off 28 is low! I tried it with the speed adjustment setting off and on with no change. As far as i know there are no adjustments to sound or volume that can be made on the phone that will do anything to adjust car play volume. Also have noticed the volume sounding as if it is drifting in and out and also about 20 min into every trip playing music through car play it starts to crackle and cut in and out it does this for approximately 8-10 min then stops. Was in for an oil change about a week ago and dealer said he heard there was going to be a software update for the uconnect sometime in the near future but he didn’t know what issues it would address. Sorry forgot to mention this is the 7inch screen in a 2021 Sport S. Has anyone encountered any of these issues and if so have you found a fix?
Sponsored

NotmyJt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Not sure if this will help but do you have an Apple Watch? I know pushing the buttons on the iPhone doesn’t do anything to the volume on the radio but I have noticed if I accidentally turn the dial on my watch it does change the volume on the radio

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I experienced the same thing, but it didn't matter what I was playing--it seemed like the volume wasn't getting any louder when you got past 28. Could have been via Bluetooth, CarPlay, Sirius--they were all the same. I assumed it was just a limitation of the not-so-great sound system.

ucfbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
I noticed the same thing. Music doesn’t seem to get any louder past 28. I use the Apple Music app as well.
Sponsored