Sponsored

UPDATE: JL line shutdown, 7k JT Government Orders - Possible UAW Strike

W1ck3d24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
You would be very surprised on how many cars they use for testing that just get crushed.... That is why financially the capital for R&D in the auto industry is crazy expensive
Sponsored

W1ck3d24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Sorry im starting to ramble..... 1 last thing too that people may not know... Once the car leaves the plant it doesn't go right to the dealership so your jt maybe at a 3rd party company we use... Depending on what options you select or the trim level of the car we outsource them to a company who dresses the car we call it... This company does stuff like the spray on bedliner... We don't do that at the factory... They also do things like software updates for example if they come out with a new pcm flash or something this 3rd party company will update all the software in the car if therecwas a change in the plant or something of that nature.... Another reason you maybe waiting on is like I said before... Location..... Im not exactly sure how logistics work, but your jt might be sitting in the shipping yard waiting for a few more jts so they can ship a group of them out to wherever you are to save money rather than shipping 1 jt to your area then a week later ship 1 more

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ā€˜17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ā€˜73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Thanks @W1ck3d24, very cool information that doesnā€™t always get discussed. Thanks for the insight.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Sorry im starting to ramble..... 1 last thing too that people may not know... Once the car leaves the plant it doesn't go right to the dealership so your jt maybe at a 3rd party company we use... Depending on what options you select or the trim level of the car we outsource them to a company who dresses the car we call it... This company does stuff like the spray on bedliner... We don't do that at the factory... They also do things like software updates for example if they come out with a new pcm flash or something this 3rd party company will update all the software in the car if therecwas a change in the plant or something of that nature.... Another reason you maybe waiting on is like I said before... Location..... Im not exactly sure how logistics work, but your jt might be sitting in the shipping yard waiting for a few more jts so they can ship a group of them out to wherever you are to save money rather than shipping 1 jt to your area then a week later ship 1 more
Oooh. Thatā€™s good to know. The third party company thing is interesting.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
That's amusing . . . funny cause just this year MY Lithia Dealer has decided to highlight their Homepage with, "Welcome to AREA 51"! Think their mad they were not one of the luck 407 dealerships that got a J.D.Power Award of "excellence"! :headbang: :swear: !

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
You know, seeing this thread pop back up reminds me of just how annoyed I am that some long-term, good forum members were treated like crap for doubting the 7k government orders (err was that 60k? No wait..) and other rumors started in this thread. Near as I can tell, none of it came true, and there should be some apologies in order ;-)

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You know, seeing this thread pop back up reminds me of just how annoyed I am that some long-term, good forum members were treated like crap for doubting the 7k government orders (err was that 60k? No wait..) and other rumors started in this thread. Near as I can tell, none of it came true, and there should be some apologies in order ;-)
What annoys me is how the idiots on here treated jlengineline. This guy literally provided half of the information about the JL well before anyone else ever did or could. He was a valued member and now ditched the forums after being treated like shit by a bunch of unappreciative tools.

Especially on this forum the members acted like a bunch of bratty kids. It was pathetic.

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
What annoys me is how the idiots on here treated jlengineline. This guy literally provided half of the information about the JL well before anyone else ever did or could. He was a valued member and now ditched the forums after being treated like shit by a bunch of unappreciative tools.

Especially on this forum the members acted like a bunch of bratty kids. It was pathetic.
I second that. He shared a rumour he had heard, and even said it was just a rumour, and not confirmed.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Well, letā€™s not say ā€œthis forumā€ like it was everyone. There was skepticism... and there continues to be. I imagine JL-Engineline just realized itā€™s probably better not to be posting on a forum too much - the job is more important than sharing cutting edge news with a bunch of strangers...

Reactions: JP1

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Well, letā€™s not say ā€œthis forumā€ like it was everyone. There was skepticism... and there continues to be. I imagine JL-Engineline just realized itā€™s probably better not to be posting on a forum too much - the job is more important than sharing cutting edge news with a bunch of strangers...
agree 100%

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Man its just a discussion/informational forum - one should not show up without semi-thick skin. Also don't take negative responses to posts you make as an insult, can't please everyone.

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
I agree as well. I game with a guy that builds the transmissions . He has shared some things with me in confidence . I didnā€™t post them as he asked me not to and also told me they were rumors . I kinda knew I would get attacked if posted .

Itā€™s easy to be a asshat on a computer screen. Amazes me some of things that get said on forums . I will say though that most on here are very cool. Iā€™m on other forums and unless you have a 150k toy your nobody important .

I sold cars for close to 15 years, managed car stores etc.. itā€™s tough to bite my lip sometimes when I hear some comments about car salesmen . Itā€™s a tough job, dog eat dog , and I literally worked 6 days a week from 6-11 to earn a living for my family . On another note Iā€™ve also been treated horrible by salesmen while shopping for my gladiators and posted it .

Anyways thank you to the op and everyone helps that contributes

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I second that. He shared a rumour he had heard, and even said it was just a rumour, and not confirmed.
To be fair he said it was confirmed when he changed it to 7k.

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
To be fair he said it was confirmed when he changed it to 7k.
True, forgot about that part. Probably a rumour that was "confirmed" and then turned in to "LE" maybe. I was under the impression, as I'm sure many were, was that the LE's would be built and delivered first.

W1ck3d24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
The 7k gov jeeps is being kept a secret... They are secretly being built for trumps maralago landscaping team... Jkjkjk don't take me seriously
Sponsored