1. Note: If you registered an account with JLWranglerForums.com before August 20, 2017, then you are already registered here. You may login here with the same username/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Correction: 7,000 JT ordered for the Government

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TennesseePA

TennesseePA Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 QX80, 2015 ES350, 1993 ZJ
    Liked:
    #136 Mar 15, 2019 at 12:54 PM
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:13 PM
    Commerce is good for the economy. Without commerce there is no growth, without growth we could not accommodate an expanding population. CPI has been rigged since the took energy and food out of the calculation. Finance is 20% knowledge and 80% behavior. Credit cards and auto financing are just symptoms of the, "I have to have it now!" mentality that is so predominant in our modern society. If, as a society, we would only buy what we could afford then inflation could be managed and growth would be exponential. I know this is harsh but if you owe on anything but your home you are doing it wrong. For me it is a biblical principle which also fits quite well into a financial model.

Find a radio guy named Dave Ramsey and listen to his show and take his "Financial Peace University" class and you will be on your way to true freedom.

Vegas_Sirk, pilotpat and homerun like this.
  2. bangolia

bangolia Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 JKU
    Liked:
    Dave Ramsey is good but do you have any information on "There was a government order for JL's at launch that did not slow down production"?

Ichthus likes this.
  3. TennesseePA

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    #138 Mar 15, 2019 at 1:33 PM
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:10 PM
    I was responding to conversation that has evolved. Do you have any relevant input on anything intelligent?

4. Oilburner

Oilburner Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle(s):
    1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2016 GC Ecodiesel
    Liked:
    Fixed for you :like:

TennesseePA likes this.
  5. Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2013 JKU
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Sorry I didn't mean to get political and I'm not just saying this about the U.S. but all modern governments. I also agree with you that its the publics fault as well as 1) we are allowing it to happen and 2) we are voting in favor of it with our spending habits.

When I was in my 20s I made really good money for my age, but was a dumb ass and spent it all on cars, even got a few in magazines and would change them like underwear. Now I just hit 40 and my JKU is the longest vehicle I have owned (6 years, 80K miles) and my outlook it more like you. I think the problem with the public is personal finance isn't taught in grade school and high school. It should be required from 3rd grade up just as much as math and literature is.

5JeepsAz, bangolia and drogers like this.
  6. Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2013 JKU
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Agreed. However commerce is better if its through investment. not just consuming.

5JeepsAz and TennesseePA like this.
  7. drogers

drogers Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    F-250
    Liked:
    You're making this statement on a forum full of people who think it makes sense to pay $600+/mo in car payments to upgrade or supplement their current $500/mo vehicle payment just becaue they want to. If people didn't have car payments, they could stash away a *ton* of money - the average car payment now is $550/mo!

Get rid of your car payment, and your emergency fund scenario immediately shifts by over $12k (550 more in savings, 550/mo less needed for car payment in emergencies)...

The average American has been led in to a consumerist lifestyle that is unsupportable. You talk about keeping food in the fridge and the lights on, but if that were all Joe Average were doing, he'd have a nice comforatbe emergency fund and retirement account to fall back on. Instead he buys a new (brand new!) car every 3 years, owns a home twice the size of the one he grew up in, and pays hundreds of $$ on cable TV and gigabit internet.

TennesseePA likes this.
  8. TennesseePA

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    #143 Mar 15, 2019 at 2:27 PM
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:42 PM
    Absolutely! There has to be a balance of both for the economy to sustain growth. Without consumers a product isn't worth the cost of the box it came in. If you consume less than you earn and save and invest the balance you are down a long term path to success.

Matthew 25, 14-30

It is about stewardship. Do the right thing with your blessings and you will get more. Make bad decisions and you will be stuck where you are forever

9. Karnaj

Karnaj Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am
    Liked:
    I wood too.

DMoney and steffen707 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.