Sponsored

Correction: 7,000 JT ordered for the Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Supported the bailout. Paid my share of it. Won't forget. Don't give me big picture.

If your job got saved then, you ought to help someone less fortunate everyday the rest of your life, especially if you are any kind of management. Some folks didn't get bailed. You did. You aren't lucky. You aren't smart. All that happened is that you Owe.

See, if living in a Jeep is the thing because you lost your house, then these adds below look different. I knew people living in Jeep's because they lost everything else, and, no bailout. Auto people, bank people, all of you. Don't forget.

513KvE6eKyL._SY445_QL70_.jpg

Picture-58.png
you ever watch the HBO film "Too Big to Fail"? Its awesome. Also really liked "The Big Short". Luckily nobody i know was ruined by the crash. Mother in law had to work 5 more years to retire however.
Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Supported the bailout. Paid my share of it. Won't forget. Don't give me big picture.

If your job got saved then, you ought to help someone less fortunate everyday the rest of your life, especially if you are any kind of management. Some folks didn't get bailed. You did. You aren't lucky. You aren't smart. All that happened is that you Owe.

See, if living in a Jeep is the thing because you lost your house, then these adds below look different. I knew people living in Jeep's because they lost everything else, and, no bailout. Auto people, bank people, all of you. Don't forget.

513KvE6eKyL._SY445_QL70_.jpg

Picture-58.png

Tbh you might not like me for this but if you can’t afford to survive on your bills if you loose your job and are out of work for a year and you loose your house then you were living beyond your means.

You should always have atleast a years worth of essential bills in capital in the bank to stay afloat while you are able to find yourself work to survive.

If not you made the wrong choices. And that’s not anybodies fault but your own.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Tbh you might not like me for this but if you can’t afford to survive on your bills if you loose your job and are out of work for a year and you loose your house then you were living beyond your means.

You should always have atleast a years worth of essential bills in capital in the bank to stay afloat while you are able to find yourself work to survive.

All true. I believe it. For everyone. For me I'll support my neighbor. And you apply your statement above to the ones who caused the problem to begin with, meaning them we bailed out.

While you are doing that, if you have a moment, please explain why when industry fails your tests we bail them out to protect their homes? Where's their money at? They ain't got any? What?!? How they lose it? Because why?

I'll answer. We bail them out so we, all of us who do pass your test, dont lose our homes? That's a neat trick. So my act is together, but I might lose my house, so I pay your mortgage to save myself. That's rich thinking! But I do not pay my neighbors mortgage cause they failed your test, and that would be poor thinking,even if Good neighbor. Interesting.

Lemme do math. We save them to save ourselves, cause they are gonna come back ten years later and charge us intentionally high prices so we can borrow more than we can afford again, cause they are right and we are wrong America, plywood, go team.

Lemme try new math... we cool with Uncle Sam providing a communist safety net for too big to fail industry tycoons and their loyal minion workforce, but it's unAmerican to support your neighbor?

How about hillbilly math: they broke, they fix, they owe. Yeah buddy. That I agree to.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

Spoken like a wealthy person.

Here's a newsflash: The average American doesn't have the ability to stash tens of thousands of dollars into a savings account when it takes every paycheck they earn to keep the lights on and food in the fridge and the cost of every good and service keeps rising rapidly annually.

Sponsored

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
These guys owe us a fair priced vehicle for that too. What? It's okay because they paid it back?!? Not even close. Moms could not feed their baby's in America cause of these irresponsible people, and I will not let them forget it. Yes, you, reading this, if you got bailed out it's had a concurrent effect on real Americans. You should spend a part of every day of the rest of your life repaying with kindnesses of the day you almost lost your job but got bailed out instead while your fellow citizens got foreclosed, fired, and forgotten. Man this pisses me off. Irresponsible children running major corporations. Paid it back. My ass. Those vile miscreants fucked up whole towns, and never apologized. Evil vastards. Gutless. Give me JT so I can stop being pissed at you imbeciles. I watched whole Western towns suffer and paid your bailouts. And you say thanks how?!? Intentionally high price. I am sorry. End of rant. Just don't ever tell me paid it back. They haven't paid a tenth of the damage they did. And they have not said sorry. Mom's in America not being able to feed their babies. Remembered.
Tell us how you really feel...

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy

You realize the crash destroyed people's retirement funds, right?

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Tell us how you really feel...
Yeah, it’s an interesting mix of Free Market, but then disaster mitigation demands eternal charity under name of never-sufficient reparations.

Here’s the thing...we can only truly control our own responses and actions. I’ve known and experienced severe poverty, by American standards. I’ve also seen enough of the world to know that our most impoverished and homeless people are among the 1% on a global scale. Perspective is healthy.

It’s unfortunate that we all live in a broken world with things like poverty, hunger, disease, disaster and war, but those things are a fact of life and resentment doesn’t solve them. Quite frankly, nothing WE do can ever solve those problems, all we can do is mitigate them and their effects on those around us by helping each other, enabling each other, and building each other up.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Here's a newsflash: The average American doesn't have the ability to stash tens of thousands of dollars into a savings account when it takes every paycheck they earn to keep the lights on and food in the fridge and the cost of every good and service keeps rising rapidly annually.
This is due to failure in monetary policy and push for consumerism. Current Economic thought is that spending is good as it creates demand for goods and services and creates more jobs and employs more people. The politicians love this as its an excuse for them to spend government money (aka tax dollars) on their pet projects and work off deficits. The problem with this is it also creates inflation as a direct result (more demand = less supply - Econ 101). The Governments lie about the real cost of inflation as the indexes dont take into account things like housing and food costs, which when compared to our parents and grandparents are a significantly larger % of our income. Governments also control interest rates though central banks, and keep rates artificially low 1) to keeps costs on managing debt payments on deficits easier and 2) reducing the reward for saving (1-2% on a savings account is below inflation, if you have money in a savings its actually losing value) again as a way to get people to push to buy. The whole thing is a house of cards and its why each recession is getting worst and worst.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Wow this thread changed course and got political fast. Here is my 2 cents. I do agree with @Vegas_Sirk that government policy encourages spending and discourages savings. I also agree that the CPI is not an accurate reflection of inflation. However, nobody was blameless in the recession. Easy to blame the government, banks, or the auto industry. They did all have a part in enabling or enhancing the recession, however the root cause was consumers. Everyday Joe's who bought homes they couldn't afford with little or no down payment. Now its true mortgage brokers should never have allowed that to happen, but ultimately if you are signing for a loan you should understand the terms. Consumers think that having a down payment and requiring income verification is the bank creating hoops to jump through, but actually its helping protect the customer as much as the bank. If you are falsifying your income and robbing your 401(k) for a down payment, maybe just maybe, you are looking at a purchase you can't afford.

Summary: The general public is not blameless either.

This may be true about paycheck to paycheck living, however my experience coaching friends in similar situations is. They all have nice TVs, newer cars than my daily driver, pay for expensive cable packages, buy $6 pack of smokes daily, etc. Then are amazed they can't pay CC bills and don't seem to mind the interest rate is 18.99% While empathy is important, my experience tells me in a good number of cases where Americans are living paycheck to paycheck it is do to misaligned priorities. Not all cases of course, but a good portion.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox lets get back to talking about Jeeps.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Wow this thread changed course and got political fast. Here is my 2 cents. I do agree with @Vegas_Sirk that government policy encourages spending and discourages savings. I also agree that the CPI is not an accurate reflection of inflation. However, nobody was blameless in the recession. Easy to blame the government, banks, or the auto industry. They did all have a part in enabling or enhancing the recession, however the root cause was consumers. Everyday Joe's who bought homes they couldn't afford with little or no down payment. Now its true mortgage brokers should never have allowed that to happen, but ultimately if you are signing for a loan you should understand the terms. Consumers think that having a down payment and requiring income verification is the bank creating hoops to jump through, but actually its helping protect the customer as much as the bank. If you are falsifying your income and robbing your 401(k) for a down payment, maybe just maybe, you are looking at a purchase you can't afford.

Summary: The general public is not blameless either.

This may be true about paycheck to paycheck living, however my experience coaching friends in similar situations is. They all have nice TVs, newer cars than my daily driver, pay for expensive cable packages, buy $6 pack of smokes daily, etc. Then are amazed they can't pay CC bills and don't seem to mind the interest rate is 18.99% While empathy is important, my experience tells me in a good number of cases where Americans are living paycheck to paycheck it is do to misaligned priorities. Not all cases of course, but a good portion.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox lets get back to talking about Jeeps.
Im going to avoid the politics here and just point out 2 things...

A. Im trying to steer us back in the direction of the thread... does anyone know and details surrounding the "governments purchase of JL's before launch?"
B. 6 bucks for smokes?!?!? When I quit 6 years ago they were close to 10$!

Thanks,

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The meme for Elpidea, the rebel who survives should read, "what they did to our men's, removed theirs skins, and sometimes.... Much, much worst"

11222e323e3d399f72b5e3e6b64a19499c16ef200089975cba00c83be42fbe87.jpg

03d45d0dd7db48782211d88761d2403f.jpg

original-1985-1463561538-3.jpg

th (6).jpeg

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jeep? Did someone say Jeep?