Sponsored

Using an independent shop for warranty work?

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
So I have heard but have no experience in this and I'm hoping someone here does.
Long story short I have a EcoDiesel down in S TX and there are no dealers in a couple hour radius that can even look at it for about a month.

While I'm aware that this leak most likely isn't serious, now that it's in the system, I have to take care of it. There's been a couple instances where the leak has turned into a replaced engine and I do not want them to be able to throw that I didn't get it taken care of right away as an excuse to void the warranty.
So has anyone gone through the process of getting approved to get work done at an independent shop? Not sure if @JeepCares can help in this.
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
So I have heard but have no experience in this and I'm hoping someone here does.
Long story short I have a EcoDiesel down in S TX and there are no dealers in a couple hour radius that can even look at it for about a month.

While I'm aware that this leak most likely isn't serious, now that it's in the system, I have to take care of it. There's been a couple instances where the leak has turned into a replaced engine and I do not want them to be able to throw that I didn't get it taken care of right away as an excuse to void the warranty.
So has anyone gone through the process of getting approved to get work done at an independent shop? Not sure if @JeepCares can help in this.
Hey, LOGS. Unfortunately, our team is only able to work with customers having work done at certified Jeep dealerships. You are more than welcome to continue work wherever you choose though. If you decide to visit a dealership at anytime and need assistance, reach back out!

Kate
Jeep Cares

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
You can request reimbursement if you paid a dealer to do work that is covered by a recall or TSB. Warranty work, billed to the manufacturer, can only be done at an authorized dealership. You can pay any independent shop to do work that needs done. The odds of getting reimbursed for paying an independent shop to do work that would be covered by the warranty are very low.

OP
OP
LOGS

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
You can request reimbursement if you paid a dealer to do work that is covered by a recall or TSB. Warranty work, billed to the manufacturer, can only be done at an authorized dealership. You can pay any independent shop to do work that needs done. The odds of getting reimbursed for paying an independent shop to do work that would be covered by the warranty are very low.
ok thanks for the info. Yea I thought I heard that if you couldn't find a dealer that could work on your vehicle in a reasonable amount of time, you'd be able to take it to an independent and get reimbursed. Project tonight looking it up.
Sponsored