Zipper

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I did a little video to show how to use the Pilot PL-SW29 remote unit to hook up auxiliary lighting to the Homelink buttons. Doing it this way eliminates the need to run wire into the cab or mount switches. So if you don't have the Aux switches from the factory, don't fret. I got you covered. Sorry about the camera work.

IMG_20191015_171940.jpg

I didn't mention it in the video but the ground from the lights goes to a body ground NOT the Pilot box. The supplied Velcro will hold it to the battery blanket without issue.
This made me think of controlling my interior LED lights (which already had a remote) from the homelink buttons great idea!
Sponsored

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator
Is there any issue with programming the homelink buttons to run the relays? I'm assuming the relays don't use rolling codes. Also, does anyone know if it would be a good idea to put diode's on the power leads to prevent canbus issues?

Gryphon

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Max Tow
I know this is an older post but does or did anyone ever come up with a similar or different idea as i haven't seen the pilot switch avail for i don't know how long. Love the idea of using the home link buttons.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
where did you find this little jewel? I've checked numerous places including Amazon and they're saying none in stock.

Is there another brand that has a similar product that will do the same thing?

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4