Sponsored

Mojave front locker using Rubicon switch.

outdoor.adventures

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
I added an Eaton E-locker and a factory rubicon switch. I have the Z-auto sensor bypass adapter and a Tazer. I'm trying to figure out if I have a wiring issue or a mechanical one. My switch works as it should locks rear only or both Front/rear. The Off Road pages display shows them as locked or unlocked, but my front locker is not engaging. Rear locker functions normal, but also has a Z-auto sensor bypass adapter. No errors are displayed.
Any suggestions on what to check?
I'd check the connections/current/signal between the z-auto adapter and the locker.

Since the vehicle is showing the front as locked, this indicates the z-auto adapter is receiving the right signal from the vehicle, as well as sending a signal back to the vehicle. The only thing remaining is that the locker isn't actually locking, so something between (and including) the z-auto adapter and the e-locker isn't working right.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Temperance

Temperance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'd check the connections/current/signal between the z-auto adapter and the locker.

Since the vehicle is showing the front as locked, this indicates the z-auto adapter is receiving the right signal from the vehicle, as well as sending a signal back to the vehicle. The only thing remaining is that the locker isn't actually locking, so something between (and including) the z-auto adapter and the e-locker isn't working right.
This is exactly what I would have said. Are you certain that the front locker isn't engaging? Sometimes it takes a few wheel rotations before the differential locker engages.

outdoor.adventures

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
@Temperance, question about your website description of your ALCM:
When the pressure drops below 80 psi it will show in the console as unlocked. When the pressure increases to 120 psi or above it will show as locked.
I have a friend who instead of the ARB Twin (CKMTA12) has the ARB Single (CKMA12) compressor, which has a maximum of 100psi instead of 150psi.

For this setup, would you recommend a pressure switch that is ON at 90psi/OFF at 120psi, like this? Or what range do you recommend?

What range threshold ON/OFF is the switch that you sold?

OP
OP
Temperance

Temperance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
@Temperance, question about your website description of your ALCM:

I have a friend who instead of the ARB Twin (CKMTA12) has the ARB Single (CKMA12) compressor, which has a maximum of 100psi instead of 150psi.

For this setup, would you recommend a pressure switch that is ON at 90psi/OFF at 120psi, like this? Or what range do you recommend?

What range threshold ON/OFF is the switch that you sold?
You'll need to find a 50-70 psi or something close to that. They aren't as common, but are still available.

Sponsored

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MOJAVE, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 1989 Jeep Comanche
This is exactly what I would have said. Are you certain that the front locker isn't engaging? Sometimes it takes a few wheel rotations before the differential locker engages.
The only issue I had is one of my locker pins was not pushed in far enough to lock on the plug. Front Locker works great now! Thank you Temperance.

OP
OP
Temperance

Temperance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
The only issue I had is one of my locker pins was not pushed in far enough to lock on the plug. Front Locker works great now! Thank you Temperance.
Yay! Glad it's working now!

FL Robert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Mojave X
I would love to get that harness...or build one.
Sponsored