Rubi owners, keep your locker sensors from failing! How to pot your sensors

OP
OP
fixbroke

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m still working on pricing but it looks like I have a line on replace sensors. Still trying to work out the details
Really? That's excellent news! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

When I asked TE Connectivity about purchasing a large quantity of sensors, they told me that while the sensor itself was in their catalog, the sensor programming was proprietary and that I couldn't spec a Jeep replacement part.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cdemarac

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
It’s a m
Really? That's excellent news! I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

When I asked TE Connectivity about purchasing a large quantity of sensors, they told me that while the sensor itself was in their catalog, the sensor programming was proprietary and that I couldn't spec a Jeep replacement part.
I spoke with an application engineer today and didn’t specify what I was using it for just what the specs i needed were.

After speaking with him I was informed that this shouldn‘t be an issue and they will have an answer on pricing and availability for me on Monday.

OP
OP
fixbroke

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke with an application engineer today and didn’t specify what I was using it for just what the specs i needed were.

After speaking with him I was informed that this shouldn‘t be an issue and they will have an answer on pricing and availability for me on Monday.
Can you spec them with a potted board?

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
It is crazy to me that FCA or whatever the new name is, cant supply these sensors as a standalone part and are willing to pay to swap an entire axle assembly out instead.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It is crazy to me that FCA or whatever the new name is, cant supply these sensors as a standalone part and are willing to pay to swap an entire axle assembly out instead.
Heck I just want to find out where FCA unloads the "failed" Rubicon axles... :fingerscrossed: a quick low buck locker option. ;) for us Non-Rubicon owners. All I have found for certain is ARB or OEM Trac-Loc otherwise.

Sponsored

Krobarr

First Name
stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Mobile Crane Operator
I’m still working on pricing but it looks like I have a line on replace sensors. Still trying to work out the details
Replacement locker sensors? I’d be interested in this information if anything has come of this!

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Heck I just want to find out where FCA unloads the "failed" Rubicon axles... :fingerscrossed: a quick low buck locker option. ;) for us Non-Rubicon owners. All I have found for certain is ARB or OEM Trac-Loc otherwise.
I would bet that they write failure replacement into their supplier contracts. If the supplied part (in this case, the entire axle), becomes inoperable during the warranty period, it gets replaced by the supplier. They probably get shipped back to Dana. Who knows what Dana might do to them. They might even rebuild them and sell them back to the factory.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I would bet that they write failure replacement into their supplier contracts. If the supplied part (in this case, the entire axle), becomes inoperable during the warranty period, it gets replaced by the supplier. They probably get shipped back to Dana. Who knows what Dana might do to them. They might even rebuild them and sell them back to the factory.
It still would be nice to pick up a set on the cheap side that way... But your more than likely correct there especially with the turn over rates seen. :like:

Sponsored

baoradeon

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Hi jeepers,

I got into the same issue to this topic today. My issue is the front and rear lockers button flashing. I went to the dealership of Jeep today and got the scanner. It showed up that I got 21 error codes. However, one of them was about the front position sensor. What can I do to fix the issue? Also, is it a need to fix all codes ?

B012784E-F8D7-42BF-BC92-39FD935A575A.jpeg

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
What's the word on this these days? Is this still an issue on the 23's? Wondering if Jeep started potting these at this point or if this will still be on my "to-do" list when my Jeep gets in.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if Jeep started potting these at this point or if this will still be on my "to-do" list when my Jeep gets in.
Real question would be - has DANA started sealing them.........

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What's the word on this these days? Is this still an issue on the 23's? Wondering if Jeep started potting these at this point or if this will still be on my "to-do" list when my Jeep gets in.
It's less of an issue now because the sensor is available separately.
Sponsored