Sponsored

Value of used super charger? Remove before trading in?

Theereverand

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Non Profit
How much for the supercharger setup?
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
If there is ever a "red flag" purchase in life, it would be a used, take off supercharger.
That’s not necessarily true. My buddy had a JLUR that he supercharged. He ended up rolling the Jeep and was able to pull off all the old stuff before insurance totaled it out. He sold the supercharger for 4500. He now drives a gutless v6 Gladiator on 40s because as with lost of people, the S/C did nothing for him except create more problems than power. He has a buddy who owns a shop so his labor was almost zero though.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
serious question, does it run ok? are you selling it because of a supercharger issue?
Typically that puts up red flags for people. only had it a short time and now selling?
Its not worth it either way honestly, time to take it off is money you wont recoup anything really because i doubt anyone wants a used super charger either or at least wont be willing to pay much for it. again, they would be suspicious.
I vote leave it on and sell.

OP
OP

MarylandMojave

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Self
serious question, does it run ok? are you selling it because of a supercharger issue?
Typically that puts up red flags for people. only had it a short time and now selling?
Its not worth it either way honestly, time to take it off is money you wont recoup anything really because i doubt anyone wants a used super charger either or at least wont be willing to pay much for it. again, they would be suspicious.
I vote leave it on and sell.

I have had 0 issues with it, and it runs fine. I didn't put it on to rag it, I put it on because the truck seemed slow to me. At this point it drives like I think it should drive stock, and I can merge into traffic if needed. I drove a 392 Wrangler, and really liked the feel/ride/sound of a V8, so I looked into a swap into this truck. Before I pulled the trigger on the swap, I bought one already done. This is showing up in about 2 hours

Jeep Gladiator Value of used super charger? Remove before trading in? IMG_0882

Sponsored

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
i see. so you want that other one to start over or v8 swap or?
I have had 0 issues with it, and it runs fine. I didn't put it on to rag it, I put it on because the truck seemed slow to me. At this point it drives like I think it should drive stock, and I can merge into traffic if needed. I drove a 392 Wrangler, and really liked the feel/ride/sound of a V8, so I looked into a swap into this truck. Before I pulled the trigger on the swap, I bought one already done. This is showing up in about 2 hours

Jeep Gladiator Value of used super charger? Remove before trading in? IMG_0882
i see
so you want to v8 swap that one or?

OP
OP

MarylandMojave

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Self
The Gobi one already has a 392 from Rubitrux so I bought that instead of spending time and $$ to swap my supercharged truck. It was the easy button.
Sponsored