First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon, 2022 Ram 3500 6.7L
Occupation
Sheet metal
I had a conversation with my Fleet Mechanic which is a Buddy of mine as well. I pulled the trigger on doing some gears, Going with 5.38s as i am running 38s and might go 40s eventfully. He kept telling me just to do a pro charger instead and not worry about gears. We have been going back and forth for weeks now, having fun with the conversation. Well it escalated today into were still doing the gears but we put an order in for a pro charger as well. He said he will install the pro charger for free just because he wants to see a pro charger in my gladiator. Don't worry axle trusses and shaft will be upgraded as well.

Anyone out there install one yet? any long term experience with one installed?
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I had a conversation with my Fleet Mechanic which is a Buddy of mine as well. I pulled the trigger on doing some gears, Going with 5.38s as i am running 38s and might go 40s eventfully. He kept telling me just to do a pro charger instead and not worry about gears. We have been going back and forth for weeks now, having fun with the conversation. Well it escalated today into were still doing the gears but we put an order in for a pro charger as well. He said he will install the pro charger for free just because he wants to see a pro charger in my gladiator. Don't worry axle trusses and shaft will be upgraded as well.

OP
OP
Dickster

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sheet metal

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

I think this guy is a fool. Sorry to insult your friend

OP
OP
Dickster

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sheet metal
I would never put a pro charger on 3.6. Those motors are not strong enough.
Hold my beer! We're going to find out 🤣.
They have held up in ram trucks for years not the best but rebuild if we have to.

OP
OP
Dickster

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sheet metal
I think this guy is a fool. Sorry to insult your friend

He is actually really knowledgeable. I think my context came across wrong. It was more of a comical debate not anything real. He is installing it for free though. I've known him for 20years v8s to import we have modified and played with them all.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
You're lucky, because you have a JT with the earlier PCM.

I'm a big fan of Procharger coming from LSx platforms

I'm looking into a Procharger for my JTM. A local shop just did a PC install on a '23 JLUR and was working directly with Procharger and HPTuners to tune it.

OP
OP
Dickster

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sheet metal
You're lucky, because you have a JT with the earlier PCM.

I'm a big fan of Procharger coming from LSx platforms

I'm looking into a Procharger for my JTM. A local shop just did a PC install on a '23 JLUR and was working directly with Procharger and HPTuners to tune it.

Yep it's the reason we pulled the trigger. I have seen a few places break in to the pc but they locked it up good. It's a matter of time and it will be available.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
He is actually really knowledgeable. I think my context came across wrong. It was more of a comical debate not anything real. He is installing it for free though. I've known him for 20years v8s to import we have modified and played with them all.
Yeah, I don't doubt that and I always love bench racing

I just think these Pentastars are good at what they do but that's it, they're not a good power-adder platform

Your Jeep will be much happier with more gear. If you really wanted more power do an engine swap

OP
OP
Dickster

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sheet metal
Yeah, I don't doubt that and I always love bench racing

I just think these Pentastars are good at what they do but that's it, they're not a good power-adder platform

Your Jeep will be much happier with more gear. If you really wanted more power do an engine swap
If I did a motor swap it would be a hellcat 35k plus and new axles. $7k for Procharger blow it up rebuild for $10k plus beer and whiskey?

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
If I did a motor swap it would be a hellcat 35k plus and new axles. $7k for Procharger blow it up rebuild for $10k plus beer and whiskey?
I want to do a Bruiser LS swap, but like you said...that's $36k plus shipping the truck from MD to FL and back. Now if the Procharger tuning doesn't happen......I've save my pennies and swap it.
Sponsored