Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I would advise you not to work on your own vehicle anymore.
Why? Not his fault that products are sold that are incompatible and it's not mandatory in this country that all citizens take high school chemistry classes.
This sort of thing happens a lot. He was just gutsy enough to say "oops" and ask for some help.
Kudos for that.
I bet those pieces don't have anything in the box about compatibility. I bet if I asked 15 Jeep owners (Wrangler and Gladiator) if they would use such caps if given to them, they would and never even think about this issue - maybe 1 or 2 might use something to prevent the problem.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Why? Not his fault that products are sold that are incompatible and it's not mandatory in this country that all citizens take high school chemistry classes.
This sort of thing happens a lot. He was just gutsy enough to say "oops" and ask for some help.
Kudos for that.
I bet those pieces don't have anything in the box about compatibility. I bet if I asked 15 Jeep owners (Wrangler and Gladiator) if they would use such caps if given to them, they would and never even think about this issue - maybe 1 or 2 might use something to prevent the problem.
I think he was being facetious.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You can replace the valve stems without buying new TPMS

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
pics would be helpful… is there enough thread left to put a valve stem extension on? Maybe some Teflon tape to help seal the bad threads.

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I second @Gatorized valve stem extensions for now. New stems or whole sensors at next tire change.
Most parts stores will have some version on the shelf, metal or plastic. These are nice and short though-
Jeep Gladiator Valve stem covers removed! Now what???? DEE63466-C549-4D13-ABBC-D31B6556ACB3
Sponsored