Sponsored

Very dumb question: What are those little black things on the Sport hood called?

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Not to beat a dead horse:

You: Spend 5 hours reading a manual
Me: Spend 15 minutes asking people and then getting back to being productive.

You: "That guy is the end of the world, how dare he save 4 hours and 45 minutes so that he can do more important task"
Me: Has the same information as you and more than 4 hours of work done.
Sponsored

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Jeep calls them tie-down bumpers.
That may be true, likewise Jeep doesn’t call the grab handle in front of the passenger seat the “oh shit bar”, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
They are on the top, kinda look like grab handles almost? I want to take them off and paint them and was going to look for a video of other people doing it - - until I realized I have no clue what they are called.

Sorry for the stupid question. But I would appreciate any help you guys have!
On Evil Bay, they have covers for them in a variety of colors. Choose your palette, or paint them the color, or colors, you choose.

Engine Hood Hinge Cover Trim Accessories for 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL JT Orange | eBay

Last edited:

Sponsored

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
Not to beat a dead horse:

You: Spend 5 hours reading a manual
Me: Spend 15 minutes asking people and then getting back to being productive.

You: "That guy is the end of the world, how dare he save 4 hours and 45 minutes so that he can do more important task"
Me: Has the same information as you and more than 4 hours of work done.
People like to know a thing others don't but also like to be condescending that they know a thing that you clearly should have known (in their mind).

Its a lose, lose situation.

Enjoy your hood nipples.

Last edited:

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I love that bumper and am jealous of the tow hooks. If that was available as a stubby I would be throwing cash at it!
It’s the Rugged Ridge HD bumper. There is a stubby version available.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/hd-stubby-front-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-and-gladiator-jt

They have two bull bar options.

I have the X Striker:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...angler-jk-jl-and-gladiator-jt-hd-front-bumper

They also have the Over Rider:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...angler-jk-jl-and-gladiator-jt-hd-front-bumper

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
I literally just painted my bumper trim and reinstalled 10 minutes ago. Delete this post before all my work was done in vein!

haha

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Sign of the times, friend. The lack of reading and comprehension skills these days is part of the reason I retired from teaching. When every male and female person is referred to as a guy, we are doomed. A few more generations and we will have folks throwing rocks at the moon trying to knock off a piece of cheese.
Lol @ “we are doomed”

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Its amazing that you have this point of view while using technology that is advanced by the generation you are insulting.

This generation is significantly smarter than the previous, even if our grammar is bad. The next generation is even smarter (joke, I know its 'more smart'). The kids/grandkids have potential through the roof.

So you keep harping on your English lessons and/or sex-labels. We will fix the world. You decide which is more important.

(PS - Dont forget that all the Greeks you made a living off of were fluid in sex roles and mostly illiterate)
It’s unfortunate that YOU feel that way. Your arrogance in regards to generational intelligence is very typical for those that think it is true.

This site appears to have slipped into a bit of a bitch fest for keyboard warriors.
So I too will be a critic now, and disagree with your assumption that “this” generation is more smart.
Book smart does not equal intelligence.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
It continues to amaze me that people who can’t spell or punctuate try to defend it.

If you’re bad at spelling use a dictionary - they have them online you know? Quit trying to rationalize being less than totally fluent in your native language. Sheesh!
Sponsored