Sponsored

Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
How well do you think it'll hold up, mainly from heel wear under the skinny pedal? All of our trucks at work have vinyl floors, and they all have holes in them where the corner of your heels rests while driving. Are you still able to use the factory for mats (for extra padding) with this floor system?

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
How well do you think it'll hold up, mainly from heel wear under the skinny pedal? All of our trucks at work have vinyl floors, and they all have holes in them where the corner of your heels rests while driving. Are you still able to use the factory for mats (for extra padding) with this floor system?
There's no posts for the mats to attach to, they would probably slide around a lot. They say to not use them.

I think it'll hold up just fine. New product just released a year ago, maybe more information on the JL forums.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I had it in my 17 JKU (one of their first customers) and it held up fine until I traded it in Aug on my JT. It's MUCH more durable than the thin vinyl you're thinking of. This stuff is thick!
No mats needed (actually can't use them) with ArmorLite. I consider that a benefit (if you're looking for floor mats) as you can take that cost off the ArmorLite price.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
My last two F150s have been STX models because I could order the vinyl floor and while I love it, it wears out fast.

They told me these won’t do that so we’ll see

Sponsored

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just got mine installed yesterday, took me a long time to do it but that was mainly due to me only having a single set of hands. I drove it this morning, the noise reduction is noticeable. Can't wait to get it dirty this summer. Luckily my carpet was not as bad as yours, but now I have no reservations about using the truck for all the things it was born to do.

If you are thinking about doing this mod, do it. It feels 1000% better than the factory setup. IMO, definitely worth the time, effort and money.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
After driving around town at about 30 miles an hour I would say yes it is quieter

But when the big MTs get humming at 80 on the highway nothing can stop that

colindo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland
I never had an issue with heat. I dont think it's going to keep much sound out. It is a pretty tick layer of underlayment and then the rubberized part, but it isn't sound deadening. But I also have 35x12.5 mud terrains on so they're just loud as is.

Mud mats? You don't need mud mats anymore, the whole thing is a giant mud mat.
Heat may not be an issue where you are but it definitely is in Houston! Front seats are normally ok but it gets warmer in the back seats in the summer.

You mentioned cutouts and fit were spot on. Do you think the Armorlite would work over the top of the Sound Assassin sheets. I want to add as much protection as I can get. thanks

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Heat may not be an issue where you are but it definitely is in Houston! Front seats are normally ok but it gets warmer in the back seats in the summer.

You mentioned cutouts and fit were spot on. Do you think the Armorlite would work over the top of the Sound Assassin sheets. I want to add as much protection as I can get. thanks

@KurtP combined them on his. Armorlite told me not to but since he made it work I’m gonna do it too

0D39D357-86BA-4DAC-9A87-17358651C188.jpeg

63CA60DE-709A-497F-8648-D2B6ED287EDE.jpeg

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
@KurtP combined them on his. Armorlite told me not to but since he made it work I’m gonna do it too

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. 63CA60DE-709A-497F-8648-D2B6ED287EDE

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. 63CA60DE-709A-497F-8648-D2B6ED287EDE
Gosh, I love the way that looks. It's definitely on my long list of add-ons.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I dont have my drain plugs fitting exactly yet, but i think thats just because i suck at installing interior/fabric stuff like that. I kept the sound assassins away from the trim corners. Thats the only place i saw that MIGHT make install of the ArmorLite hard.

Frankly, unless you already have a full sound assassin kit installed; just do the half kit with the ArmorLite. The majority of the sound deadening benefit of that mat comes from spacing sections of it out across the floor to catch/kill resonance. I would imagine a half kit with ArmorLite is within 1dB of full sound assassin and ArmorLite; but that’s admittedly just a guess. Its crazy how much quieter my interior is now. Night and day difference.

Im going to stick another sheet inside the doors when i do the proximity retrofit and try to cut whats coming in from the door panels.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland

Oh we get to 105* in the summer, plenty hot. But mine is white on white on white.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Oh, I like that. And it would be great as a factory option. Though I bet the Mopar factory option would be far cheaper than this (material wise), far more expensive cost wise, and a lot of people would just do this after-market solution anyways lol.