Sponsored

Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet.

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Just installed this last night. 2.5 hours ish.

This will now be on my list of mods for my new Jeep's in the future.

This helped a lot with the tire noise.

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. 20210819_184920
Sponsored

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Just installed this last night. 2.5 hours ish.

This will now be on my list of mods for my new Jeep's in the future.

This helped a lot with the tire noise.

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. 20210819_184920
I have it sitting in my garage awaiting install. I'm getting a bit antsy but figured I'd set aside a day and not rush.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I checked them out yesterday at the jeep invasion. Cool product.

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Installed everything today. I do love the look and what I am sure will be a more practical flooring application. This is @KurtP rig in the pic attached. The only thing that just seems unfinished or a miss is the cutout I circled. This is just a rough cut with no snap or fill in cap to cover it. I tried to see if the oem ones from the carpet would work, but no joy on that. I went back over the instructions, this thread and the interwebs…nothing. Anyone raise this issue or come with an answer? @Armorlite_Kail

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. 4AFD1636-F964-4733-8D05-957BAE2C6BF4

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Installed everything today. I do love the look and what I am sure will be a more practical flooring application. This is @KurtP rig in the pic attached. The only thing that just seems unfinished or a miss is the cutout I circled. This is just a rough cut with no snap or fill in cap to cover it. I tried to see if the oem ones from the carpet would work, but no joy on that. I went back over the instructions, this thread and the interwebs…nothing. Anyone raise this issue or come with an answer? @Armorlite_Kail

4AFD1636-F964-4733-8D05-957BAE2C6BF4.jpeg
youre supposed to re use your factory carpet plastic attachment there. It pops right out of the carpet. I just didnt care enough to bother At the time of install.

im still really happy with the flooring. Makes clean up a snap after working in the field.

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
youre supposed to re use your factory carpet plastic attachment there. It pops right out of the carpet. I just didnt care enough to bother At the time of install.

im still really happy with the flooring. Makes clean up a snap after working in the field.
I did save them as I thought that may be the answer. I couldn’t quite figure out how to install them. The material has no give to force it through the hole, it looks like maybe you can separate the two halves. I’ll play with them and report back. Thanks

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
I did save them as I thought that may be the answer. I couldn’t quite figure out how to install them. The material has no give to force it through the hole, it looks like maybe you can separate the two halves. I’ll play with them and report back. Thanks
I reused all of the snaps, there is really no functional benefit (as you can probably tell, the flooring won’t move around regardless) but IMO it looks much cleaner and more OEM with the snap rings installed.

Removing them from the old carpet is a bitch, the front and back sides snap together but for some reason they hold together like they are permanently fused. I used a flathead screwdriver and flat plastic trim tool to lever them apart. The amount of force necessary feels like the pieces will break but they are only a few $ new so not a big deal either way.

To get them reinstalled you just need to trim/thin the felt backing on the ArmorLite. The higher ones (up near the gear shifters) don’t require much adjustment at all since the ArmorLite material is not as thick higher up. But the lower ones needed around 1/4in thinning to work. Since the lower ones aren’t as visible you could just skip them, again it’s all for aesthetics anyway.

Best of luck,
KW

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I reused all of the snaps, there is really no functional benefit (as you can probably tell, the flooring won’t move around regardless) but IMO it looks much cleaner and more OEM with the snap rings installed.

Removing them from the old carpet is a bitch, the front and back sides snap together but for some reason they hold together like they are permanently fused. I used a flathead screwdriver and flat plastic trim tool to lever them apart. The amount of force necessary feels like the pieces will break but they are only a few $ new so not a big deal either way.

To get them reinstalled you just need to trim/thin the felt backing on the ArmorLite. The higher ones (up near the gear shifters) don’t require much adjustment at all since the ArmorLite material is not as thick higher up. But the lower ones needed around 1/4in thinning to work. Since the lower ones aren’t as visible you could just skip them, again it’s all for aesthetics anyway.

Best of luck,
KW
Did you just use the 2 on each front side (one at feet and one up by gear shifter)?

Sponsored

bidingmytime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I too just got my install done. They're quite tacky and not has hard as bedliner. Did anyone else find that the JT install video was actually a JL or JK install video and didn't quite line up? It is way easier to put the fronts in first not the rears.

20210830_172112.jpg

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Since I removed them all from the old carpet, I did the ones under the seats as well, getting them off the old carpet is the hardest part. But since you can’t see them at all under there it was definitely overkill. If I were to do it over I wouldn’t have bothered with them.

bidingmytime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Since I removed them all from the old carpet, I did the ones under the seats as well, getting them off the old carpet is the hardest part. But since you can’t see them at all under there it was definitely overkill. If I were to do it over I wouldn’t have bothered with them.
I took them off too. It's just an appearance thing so I sat around prying them apart.
I only attached the outers as they aren't really holding it in place.

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. 20210901_200435

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. 20210901_200728

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I took them off too. It's just an appearance thing so I sat around prying them apart.
I only attached the outers as they aren't really holding it in place.

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. 20210901_200728

I did the same. I wanted to find a way to make them easy to remove. This works fine if you're only concerned with installing the front half. It does snap on and hold well enough. This cutting method allows you to do the whole job in 10 minutes.

8A8141D2-0737-45F4-BC5B-FA799BA51E8A.jpeg

581948DF-A8DD-4B33-BB50-E39C22FE42C4.jpeg

2D17014B-76F0-441D-B17B-E86C66A1B90A.jpeg

D250802B-7A27-43A0-8BAF-C0E8DF253D99.jpeg

09BEA049-8B89-4E16-B4AE-687AFF585CE8.jpeg

CD2E8B0A-C22C-46C4-AD83-DA065A2B4057.jpeg

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I too just got my install done. They're quite tacky and not has hard as bedliner. Did anyone else find that the JT install video was actually a JL or JK install video and didn't quite line up? It is way easier to put the fronts in first not the rears.

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. CD2E8B0A-C22C-46C4-AD83-DA065A2B4057
Way off topic, but your helper is so cute! How old is your dog? I’m always happy to see dogs helping out.
Sponsored