Vibration, Rattle Noise

stephhhanie

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
We bought our 2022 jeep gladiator diesel back in May. It has been making this vibration, rattling sound. It makes the sound right under the car on the passenger front side. I believe it’s part of the exhaust? It didn’t make this sound on idle at first, only when accelerating. Now, when I first start the car it starts to make this rattle, vibration noise too.

Does anyone else experience this? If so, any solution? We took it to the dealer and also shared the video with them. They said they don’t hear anything out of the ordinary or find anything wrong. Though, this sound is not normal!
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
There is a valve on the exhaust that may be rattling. Others have reported it.

OP
OP

stephhhanie

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just a correction from my first post. It makes the sound idling at 1000 rpm. Whether we press on the gas and passing the 1000rpm or let go of the gas passing the 1000rpm, it makes the vibration/rattling noise. I have attached a video of the sound.

GoatPowder

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator EcoDiesel
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Yeah, your exhaust is definitely making contact, closest clearance i think think of is the heat shield on the bolt for the RH control arm. I'd just smash the heat shield back a bit with a pry bar and see if it clears but considering you already brought it to the stealer I'd take it back and have them fix it. I wrench on diesels professionally; there's no way they "didn't hear that", it's quite obvious exhaust vibrating on something static.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Does this happen when parked? Is it possible to have someone on the throttle while you’re underneath finding the source?

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Likely a cracked DPF flange. This is common on older ecodiesels.

Richards

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Ecodiesel
Occupation
Navy
I know it’s an old post. The heat shield like the guy above me said. It rattles at idle. I went underneath while the truck was on. Just put my hand on it and the rattling stoped but the vibrations were so bad that my eyes were having trouble seeing it sit still. Dealership turns their ears off. The truck could blow up outside and they said it was Normal.
Sponsored