OP
OP
salsadoc

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
With a relay, you can tie them directly to the reverse lights and also manually turn them on with a switch. It would save you some manual switching.
thanks for the suggestion. i ended up rewiring the backup lights to the trailer plug since I need the auxiliary switches for another application
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With a relay, you can tie them directly to the reverse lights and also manually turn them on with a switch. It would save you some manual switching.
I dont' think you even need to use a relay. Just wire them into the reverse lights if that meets your needs. They look like they draw less power than factory incandescents.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
thanks for the suggestion. i ended up rewiring the backup lights to the trailer plug since I need the auxiliary switches for another application
Have you had any issues with this connection point?

I just ordered some rigid flush mounts and plan to do the same. May install an inline flush push button Switch as a means to kill the auxiliary lights as needed…but thiswas my “go to” for tapping into the reverse lights.

OP
OP
salsadoc

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you had any issues with this connection point?

I just ordered some rigid flush mounts and plan to do the same. May install an inline flush push button Switch as a means to kill the auxiliary lights as needed…but thiswas my “go to” for tapping into the reverse lights.
the lights have been working great, no issues what so ever so far

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
the lights have been working great, no issues what so ever so far
I did the same and it's worked great. I didn't want to tap my factory wiring, so I bought this and plugged it in between the factory wiring and the trailer plug, and then tapped the backup light wire in this harness for my Vision X lights. I did this so that if I ever needed or wanted to remove it, I would have a fully intact factory harness.

Amazon.com: Precision Upfit 7 way extension Adapter harness 18" USCAR TRUCK HITCH UPFITTER : Automotive

Sponsored

OP
OP
salsadoc

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the dot reflective tape holding up well (peeling?), and what brand/where did you get the reflective tape?
i think i used 3M scotchlite reflective tape. it’s held up fine for 3 years. i actually bought some DOT-C2 tape in case i ever needed to replace the 3M tape but that hasn’t been necessary yet.
Sponsored