Sponsored

visionx backup lights

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Anybody got a night picture of how these look through the backup camera video?

I am worried about it washing out the backup camera video display.
Sponsored

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I just received my Vision-X rear lights. Everything is super high quality. The wiring harnesses are excellent. Flood lights seem totally waterproof and well made.

Here is a description of the flood lights.
The DURA Mini Series offers outstanding light output from a small 2.75” compact housing. Utilizing 3-Watt LEDs, the DURA Mini operates with an extremely low amperage (1A@12V) while outputting 2,000 raw lumens. Weighing in at under 1 pound, the DURA Mini is the ideal light for those needing powerful light in a limited space. Features and Benefits: • Compact and Durable Die-Cast Housing Construction • Polycarbonate Lens • Weatherproof Deutsch Connector • IP-68/ IP69K Rated

I added Dot 2 reflector tape to the empty part of the mount as shown in this Forum by another member.

Bb1okm.jpg

Brackets are nice. One cool thing is that the brackets have a vertical adjustment for the flood light, so, you can aim them any way you want. You can see the adjustment screw in the picture below.

vJqFuP.jpg

I have the Aux switches, so, installation will be a breeze and fun with the super nice wiring harness.
Pics when you have it mounted. I like the idea of the tape.

OP
OP
salsadoc

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Anybody got a night picture of how these look through the backup camera video?

I am worried about it washing out the backup camera video display.
here you go

903746F2-E55A-46C3-97DA-CA15C13EC62B.jpeg

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!. I guess I should have been more specific. Anyone have a picture of them mounted in the bumper with the lights off and the red reflective tape on?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, it looks great. Look gorward to your pics.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Thanks, it looks great. Look gorward to your pics.
My install is done. Wiring was easy. I hooked up to Aux 3 for these rear lights, and I am using Aux 4 for my front off-road lights. I used approx 25 black UV resistant zip ties and tied to the existing wire bundles on top of the frame rail on the passenger side. The lights are super bright and floody, perfect beam and a nice warm color, not blue. We really like them. I like just turning them on and off when I need them, they are pretty bright to have turn on all the time when you back up. Here are some pics:

Jeep Gladiator visionx backup lights MdkX3t

Jeep Gladiator visionx backup lights jxNfUJ

Jeep Gladiator visionx backup lights 0XYl3h

Jeep Gladiator visionx backup lights F5gvuy

Jeep Gladiator visionx backup lights s0AMZZ

Jeep Gladiator visionx backup lights JpeImm

Last edited:

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sperron

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep ladiator Sport S
I did this on the cheap. Bought rock lights for like $30, cut out a black tote for the backing and ran it to trailer light plug. Cost me less that $50 and I have a brighter reverse. I may add in wiring that will run to one of my aux switches to lighting up the rear when I'm hooking up a trailer.

motorod

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Bright White
I second VisionX on quality, I’ve used some of their original solstice pods for over 10 years on my adventure/dual sport bikes and still running strong even with all the submersions, mud, bugs, battery failures etc. If they are anything like that old model, plan to keep them around for awhile.

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
installed vision x reverse backup lights and wired them to the aux switches. these are amazingly bright!

So, after 4 months is there anything you'd change about these lights? I am close to buying a set and am on the fence only because I can't tell if the adapter plate sits flush against the bumper.

OP
OP
salsadoc

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, after 4 months is there anything you'd change about these lights? I am close to buying a set and am on the fence only because I can't tell if the adapter plate sits flush against the bumper.
i think they’re great. i have had no problems with them. as for not sitting flush against the bumper, are you worried about dust or mud getting trapped? the plates are bolted in from inside the bumper, just like the stock reflectors

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
i think they’re great. i have had no problems with them. as for not sitting flush against the bumper, are you worried about dust or mud getting trapped? the plates are bolted in from inside the bumper, just like the stock reflectors
Worried about dust and mud...not really because I wash my vehicles every week. Most of it is aesthetic and how often I really use them. as I will be connecting them via one of my aux switches. What do you find is your biggest use for them?

OP
OP
salsadoc

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Worried about dust and mud...not really because I wash my vehicles every week. Most of it is aesthetic and how often I really use them. as I will be connecting them via one of my aux switches. What do you find is your biggest use for them?
we don’t have streetlights in our neighborhood so i typically use them when i back into my driveway.
Sponsored