Sponsored

Visor delete?

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
I'm 6'1" but apparently am proportioned like a gorilla. I finally moved the visor out of the way and put it over in the driverside window and wow, vision is vastly improved. As with other things, 1" makes a real difference. I would never use it to actually block glare as I would be staring at my hood the whole time.....so I wanna get rid of it.

Anyone done this? I have the garage door openers and actually use them so would wanna relocate those. Couldn't find a thred and Google searches paid 0 dividends. Looking for inspiration, if not a how to.

Danke!
Sponsored

Badunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 1997 TJ
Removing it should be easy, yes? Unscrew and unplug? Relocating the garage door opener would be easiest done by ditching it and using a regular garage door remote that you can mount/store anywhere you like (as long as you're not concerned about it being live all the time).

The 2023 wiring diagram doesn't show much other than one line from the body control module to enable the transmitter (and another for the vanity lamp). If you want to rip the transmitter out of the visor, I suppose you would want to tap into an ignition hot circuit to power it but could tap into that line from the module. Or mount the transmitter close to where it was and make a cable to the existing connector. I suspect the transmitter looks like crap outside of the visor, though.

OP
OP

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's partly what I was hoping to see. I'd like to not use the brick remotes and keep the transmitter mounted still in that vicinity. Removal would be easy, hell the damn thing had already fallen out and I secured back up there with one of the aftermarket clip things.

OP
OP

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank ya!

Sponsored

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
Here are instructions for '23. Right side is shown. Left is likely the same.
By the looks of those instructions it looks like after removing the visor you could take the remote out of the visor with the wire harness intact, mount it wherever you want and the plug it back in

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
...hell the damn thing had already fallen out....
Thats all I came here to say... They delete themselves!
Sponsored